The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

As of 9/24/2024

Chicago White Sox 36-120 .231 53.5 games behind the Cleveland Guardians and clearly last place in division, last place in league, last place in MLB, and last place in our hearts. The Sox are 46.0 games behind the tigers and Royals for the last Wild Card slot. Their run differential is -320 as there 3 wins last week against A's and Angels slowed the rate down somewhat.

There are six games remaining until this merciful season ends. Three midweek hosting the Angels before ending the season in Detroit for three games. The Halos are playing out the string and the Tigers are trying to stay in Wild Card slot ahead of Twins, Mariners, Red Sox and Rays.

Chicago has actually won five games in September outpacing their July (3) and August (4) totals.

LOSSES
White Sox (120 losses) are now tied with the famous, expansion 1962 Mets for the modern MLB loss record of 120. Meaning the Sox will need to go 6-0 to avoid holding the outright record.

WINNING PERCENTAGE:
White Sox win % sits at .231. This is still below the modern MLB records of .235 by the 1916 Philadelphia Athletics (36-117) . If the White Sox can finish 3-3 they will avoid this record and finish .241

RUN DIFFERENTIAL:
Good news on this front. White sox current run differential is -320 with 6 games to go. The modern MLB record is the 1932 Boston Red Sox record is -345. Chicago need only stay within 4 runs per game of the Halos and Tigers. In their current five game losing streak the Sox have lost by 2.6 runs per game and exceeded 4 only once.

Based on season long stats, Chicago will get to -343. Based on Post All-Star Break results, they get to -353.
Losing by less than 2.25 runs per the final 16 games will keep them from reaching the record.

The chances of Chicago winning the Triple Crown of Suck now appears slim. I think they will hold the Loss and Losing Percentage record.
After playing the Angels last week in Anaheim, the Halos went 1-3 in Houston but did salvage game three.
The Tigers are a hot team. They've gone 11-3 in last 14 games.

All of America will be glued to their TVs for the three Angels' games for the midweel "FAN APPRECIATIN SERIES"
I was waiting for your update.

Screenshot 2024-09-24 at 1.00.48 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: knoxvol52 and MAD
We're back!

Our victorious Vols in the red Okie visitors locker room with a framed photo of Heupel reminds me of our BaseVols posing in Gator football helmets in the Florida locker room. I don't know if Heup's players snuck that picture on to the plane from Knoxville -- or helped themselves to it from somewhere in the Okie complex. 😂 GBO

View attachment 680375
Booom! Welcome to the show, beetches!!
🍊🍊🍊

Ok @MAD i got home early and just settled in for some mid day baseball, watching Riley, Spencer, Colt, Tarik and the surging Tigers take on the Rays.
They better not disappoint me, cause I’m rooting for them, just for you!
Let's go! We've rallied bedraggled @MAD and are closing in on a playoff berth.

I was a freshman that Cobb-Webb season in 1989

I remember Reggie driving away in his Suzuki after the failed drug test.

I somehow missed watching that UCLA game on TV in 2nd photo/ May be the only UT game I didn't watch on TV - take that back, I missed the Akron game my Junior year as I was trying to "score" myself as well.
Did you get on base?

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Is it strange that I’ve lived here in Tampa Bay for 15 years and I feel no connection with the Rays but left Michigan when I was two years old and that’s my team?

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Can someone please explain to me why the majority of catchers are such lousy hitters?
Especially at the major league level!
You’d think those guys would be the best hitters.

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back