The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

This group is just amazing. Musicianship "covering" hit songs is as good as it gets.
They aren't cheap to book for a concert. I saw one fee was 23K-25K guaranteed.
They come over to the States quiet often to give concerts. Saw them on youtube or Facebook once doing a concert for 1 hour & 45 minutes worth released on video..
I claimed the blonde back-up singer a long time ago .... it was love at 1st sight.

Last edited:
Can someone please explain to me why the majority of catchers are such lousy hitters?
Especially at the major league level!
You’d think those guys would be the best hitters.

That’s a good question, I need @VolPack22 to chime in.
I contribute most of the bad hitting to the pure mental and physical exhaustion they are put through on a daily basis. Would you like to wear all that equipment in 90-100 degree heat? Then on top of that you have to take off/put back on that equipment at least 3 times throughout the game. You have to manage the entire pitching staff, including pitch sequencing, location, know every opposing hitter like the back of your hand. You are expected to run down the first baseline on ground balls in case of a wild throw. You have to direct throws coming in from the outfield. You have to make the 1st and 3rd calls. You have to be every single pitcher’s shrink 24/7 so they don’t implode. Outside of the pressures of being a starting QB in football, I can’t think of a more demanding position in team sports.

I contribute most of the bad hitting to the pure mental and physical exhaustion they are put through on a daily basis. Would you like to wear all that equipment in 90-100 degree heat? Then on top of that you have to take off/put back on that equipment at least 3 times throughout the game. You have to manage the entire pitching staff, including pitch sequencing, location, know every opposing hitter like the back of your hand. You are expected to run down the first baseline on ground balls in case of a wild throw. You have to direct throws coming in from the outfield. You have to make the 1st and 3rd calls. You have to be every single pitcher’s shrink 24/7 so they don’t implode. Outside of the pressures of being a starting QB in football, I can’t think of a more demanding position in team sports.
Astros Yanier Diaz #2, and Victor Caratini #32, are two pretty good ones. They also rotate at first base with Big Jon Singleton.

I knew you would be able to explain it, makes sense.

It's not just in the MLB. For the Owls, we always have the goal of getting a catcher who can hit. We often fail.

Joe Mauer is probably the best pure hitting catcher I’ve witnessed in my life. He is the only player in history that played the majority of his games as a catcher with at least 2,000 hits, a .300 batting average and a .380 on-base percentage.
Craig Biggio was like yeah!….nah…

This is where Johnny Bench left the building.

VN Store

Back