The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

I went to both Braves games yesterday and had a great day.
Loved going with my friends and dad.
Loved the fact that one of my friends is now 21 and could buy us beer.
Loved that the only baseball was Braves related.
Loved going to a thinly attended Monday afternoon game with a lot on the line.

I/we went with the attitude "These are the days to remember" because we're young, healthy, in college, still have our whole lives in front us AND that we all know and appreciate that. Life is short (hurricane), enjoy the days where everything lines up and is going well.

Last edited:
Having both the Braves and Mets celebrate on the same field on the same night at the same time was neat to see live. Seeing them just hang out with each other after the Mets celebrate after the Braves celebrated THE last regular season game of the year was special and neat and I hoped that television covered that, but I doubt they did, BUT it did happen.

The mutual respect of both teams for each other was obvious.

RIght along the lines of what Pete Rose was talking about in his last video that someone posted above. Kudos for that.

Last edited:
I’m very happy the (1-3) Titans defeated the Dolphins to get their 1st win, and they got over 17 points for the first time this season.
The Dolphins had to use a third string QB Thad that hasn’t started17 games so he’s still a Rookie in that way.
I’ll be waiting after the bye week to see if the Titans can continue to improve when they play teams that realistically can defeat them, along with can they be a consistent fruitful offense that scores above 17 points a game.

I’m very happy I saw a dark shade of blue Levi’s 514 Straight Jeans for my size 32-34 at a local JCPenny since it would take more than 1 day for an ordered Levi’s 514 Jeans 32-34 of that color to arrive at a local JCPenny.

Have a great work week everyone.

Also, it’s the start of the 2024 MLB Playoffs so more cash to be made for the gamblers mostly because it’s higher stakes.

I can relate and so can my room mate. We're both pretty tall and have 33-ish inch waists and when we go shopping for jeans it's like looking for a unicorn, so other people might not quite "get" what you mean with your JCP jeans comment.

In fact, about 3 weeks ago we went to Kohl's to find jeans and left empty handed. They had 30-32 and 34-36 inch waist Levis. Not anything meant for 33" waists.

Other friends of ours, "just wear Old Navy"

Thanks for nothing, if we wanted to wear old navy jeans we would be at Old Navy.

Levi's last a long time and as someone who doesn't like to shop, I like Levi's BECAUSE they last a long long time I don't need to shop for more for a long time. haha.

Last edited:
Having both the Braves and Mets celebrate on the same field on the same night at the same time. Seeing them just hang out with each other after the Mets celebrate after the Braves celebrated THE last regular season game of the year was special and neat and I hoped that television covered that, but I doubt the did, BUT it did happen.

The mutual respect of both teams for each other was obvious.

RIght along the lines of what Pete Rose was talking about in his last video that someone posted above. Kudos for that.

0120CFC0-98D9-4EBD-9ABC-45A5986B64BB.gif02C53806-09B3-4CA5-844F-2E1C61345194.gif

Seeing on the news this morning that more than a mile of cars lined up in North carolina for the one working gas station irritates me.

BTW GA is now okay after the storm - every one has power. Gas stations are up, open and able to sell and receive gasoline.

As we speak, GA Power is invading both NC and to a lesser degree, Tennessee because Tennessee is STILL flooding because it takes a while for all that water to drain. Unlike ATL, Tenn and NC have tons and tons of mud that needs to be moved. That hospital below the dam? Only the Lord knows when or if that building can be saved. It looks doubtful because it LOOKS like there is 2.5 FEET of mud surrounding it.

This is something that will probably never happen again.
Two teams both celebrating together, making the playoffs.

View attachment 682686
Thank you. That answers my question of if it were televised. As much as we MAY wish to attend an event, there's a LOT to be said for what is actually broadcast. I was still at the ball park when this happened and obviously didn't have this view. I had a far away and good view, but not this view. Simultaneously, other things like this were going on. Yet, look at the stands, it was a race to beat traffic.

Last night, my way to beat traffic was to be asked by security to leave because they were about to shut off the lights. Haha because that is funny, I think for insurance reasons they need everyone out of the park fairly quickly.

I’m not going to mention anyone in particular, because ALL of you are my ride or die’s, but... whenever I’m having a rough time or a bad day, I can always count on a good laugh or a smile from you goons in the dugout!
firestorm you are the man!!

Attachments

• E8DE8A1A-B603-4071-817D-00D87B6A5F0F.gif
    E8DE8A1A-B603-4071-817D-00D87B6A5F0F.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

VN Store

Back