The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

It's one of the best recurring jokes in the dugout when someone asks you what you're going to have for lunch or dinner, as if they didn't know. 😂 Nothing wrong with that!
Papa Johns Pizza is a good one too. Fixing to heat up a bowl of (home made) chilli.
And then a Hostess cupcake & milk afterwards. Life is good.

That’s definitely the healthiest meal I’ve ever heard tale of, here in the dugout.
RBF and myself were talking about fried balogna sandwiches with bacon this morning....
Sounds like a great sammich for the Arkie Oinkers game. Spare no bacon!

Last edited:
Someone said broccoli is nasty so I had to come to its defense. Actually I did not have to and already regret doing it! 😂

A lot of people finely slice off or grate and use the very thin layer of orange or lemon colored peel surrounding the pith. The pith is the white layer between peel and juicy orange fruit. The peel is extremely fragrant. It's called orange or lemon "zest." The oils are in this peeling.
Yes, I get the zest, but isn’t the rind kinda not too tasty?

How did the town where your ballpark is located manage?
Thanks for asking. I personally have not been there, so I only know what others have told me. Rutherford County definitely was not spared. On the western end of the county is Lake Lure, and there was a real concern that a dam was going to break there, but thankfully it did not. There are definitely lots of areas that have been hit hard and from what I was last told, about 40% of the county does not have electricity. I’ve been checking in with our general manager and her husband. They live in a remote area and they still do not have power or water. They have lots of trees down around them.

Padres pitcher Joe Musgrove having TJ surgery tough break for him.

Micah Parsons OUT for Steelers game. Not going to watch that crap show.
Musgrove will be back better than ever.
I honestly think we have advanced to the point where TJ surgery might be a beneficial procedure for a pitcher.🤷‍♂️

Yeah, I’ve pretty much thrown in the towel on the NFL.
😞

While I was roaming around in the Castle this afternoon, I found another portrait of @MAD

View attachment 683794

You can tell it's a man because of the man-hands.

These days and as some looking for a new girl to have fun with, I have to look for clues like that.

See how easy you guys had it back in the day? You didn't have to ask yourself questions or look for clues etc.

Go slap that mama & tell her a job well done. :D

I know there is a" what did you have for supper dinner forum", but I kinda know you guys, so it takes on a different tone and we're just talkin'.

I also don't gloss over that we all eat something for dinner every day if we choose to.

Think of the perhap-hundreds who just lost their homes and more without electricity and their fam doesn't even know how they are doing and after days without food, water, heat, a/c etc. that they would really appreciate some radishes or broccoli. Or getting to decide if they wanted a simple sandwich or something more complex.

Or take out pizza or have it delivered.

Do they even have a home to have it delivered etc. etc.

The people of NC and TN were on my mind most of the day today and my roommates and I arranged some supplies to head to NC today. It was harder than it should of been because it's logistical mess in both states through no fault of their own.

I'm not at all worried about GA or FLA because the storm came, the storm left and clean up began immediately with friends and neighbors.

In TN and NC, the friends and neighbors were likely wiped out too. I can't imagine spending another night alone not knowing if anyone is even looking for me. I'm definitely going to appreciate all the creature comforts would normally take for granted.

Not yet but I saw one today that looked awesome!
Fried bologna, lettuce, tomato, onion and bacon on Texas toast!
I found myself a new go to, for a mid day lunch and a beer.
I passed on the bologna and went with the 1/4 pound hot dog with Guinness chili, cheese, onion and mustard!
It was pretty good!!
I’ll try the bologna next week.😎
I had Texas Toast last week.

It was great and I really appreciated because I don't normally eat any white bread.

Not yet but I saw one today that looked awesome!
Fried bologna, lettuce, tomato, onion and bacon on Texas toast!
I found myself a new go to, for a mid day lunch and a beer.
I passed on the bologna and went with the 1/4 pound hot dog with Guinness chili, cheese, onion and mustard!
It was pretty good!!
I’ll try the bologna next week.😎

Just so you can laugh at my lack of manliness when it comes to spicy food:

After last Fall's chili, my roommates told they'd prefer that they be in charge of chili because mine was more of a meat and bean type of thing but never should be confused with actual chilli.

They were right and were busting my chops, but they never DID make any chili. A fact not lost on me and I tease them about that.

I'm just learning to cook, so ...... if it's gross or horrible, there are food trucks, take out etc. They're not jerks, but like teasing me and for the most part, I deserve it.

Last edited:
@cobbwebb0710

Try this Club Sandwich

Three slices of grilled White bread

Bottom level of club, mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, Swiss Cheese with Turkey, honey ham, and Bologna.

Second tier bread , mustard, American cheese, bacon, salami, sausage patties and a Over Medium egg. Apply Mayo to top slice of bread garnish with a dill pickle strip and bbq potato chips.

😂😂
1728084955317.gif

Musgrove will be back better than ever.
I honestly think we have advanced to the point where TJ surgery might be a beneficial procedure for a pitcher.🤷‍♂️

Yeah, I’ve pretty much thrown in the towel on the NFL.
😞
There is nothing beneficial about having a TJ injury. It means you either have weak ligaments from not strengthening properly or are overworked. They can all be prevented but managers are too scared to do what is in the best interests of the players.

You can tell it's a man because of the man-hands.

These days and as some looking for a new girl to have fun with, I have to look for clues like that.

See how easy you guys had it back in the day? You didn't have to ask yourself questions or look for clues etc.
Don’t kid yerself… once identified, they generally thought twice about that behavior.

There is nothing beneficial about having a TJ injury. It means you either have weak ligaments from not strengthening properly or are overworked. They can all be prevented but managers are too scared to do what is in the best interests of the players.
not the injury itself, of course that’s not beneficial.
The procedure to repair the injury has been highly successful!

VN Store

Back