The Future Right-Wingers Want....

turbovol

Freakishly backward Louisiana.....

There is a real battle among red states to see which can be the most backward.

Yeah, it's stupid.

Now I feel a little dirty agreeing with you.

It's blatantly unconstitutional. Not even a close call.

But I suspect the La. legislature knows this. It's more registering frustration that the world is different than it used to be.

Reactions: NashVol11

But I suspect the La. legislature knows this. It's more registering frustration that the world is different than it used to be.
School me on which amendment says they cannot do that? I sincerely want to understand. The 1st amendmemt doesn't. Is it in the Louisiana state constitution?
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[4]

School me on which amendment says they cannot do that? I sincerely want to understand. The 1st amendmemt doesn't. Is it in the Louisiana state constitution?
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[4]

Everson v Bd of Education. 1947.

The notion that a state can promote one religion is abhorrent to every concept of liberty on which this country was founded.

1718885552314.png

My child, what turned you against the faith?

I want to introduce you to my special Inquisition court to help "improve" your faith:

1718885613603.png

And let's not act like this isn't a common belief

“The church is supposed to direct the government. The government is not supposed to direct the church,” Boebert told the crowd, which applauded. “I’m tired of this separation of church and state junk.”

VN Store

Back