The Future Right-Wingers Want....

Why would G^d be mentioned in the constitution?
To back the many claims that we are a Christian nation founded by Christians based on Christian ideals. I think it's way too often overlooked how much the ff didn't want that

You're struggling here.

If your "forcing" post is satire, fair enough. If not, you used some of the tactics you don't like.
Not struggling just using VN right wing logic. Exposing kids to anything in schools is force. I've never seen you disagree with that when used by others.

Reactions: NashVol11
I have no problem at all with people having faith. Religion is a personal good thing and helps build long term character. But it's personal and government has no business advocating one over another.

To back the many claims that we are a Christian nation founded by Christians based on Christian ideals. I think it's way too often overlooked how much the ff didn't want that

Yes, those claims are false. This country was founded by people who supported the free exercise of religion, which at that time in this land was mainly various denominations of Christianity.

Something else that is way to often overlooked, the BoRs was written to codify our basic rights and restrict the power and authority of the federal government.

Not struggling just using VN right wing logic. Exposing kids to anything in schools is force. I've never seen you disagree with that when used by others.
Really? Never is a long time. You must have an impressive file with all my 50k+ posts cataloged.

To make sure I understand you here, you don't particularly like right wing logic. You used it in a post. I laugh at the notion of "forcing". And your position is, "i'm using right wing logic"? And it isn't satirical?

If right wing logic is dumb, then you made a dumb post. It happens. Take your lumps and do better the next time.

I have no problem at all with people having faith. Religion is a personal good thing and helps build long term character. But it's personal and government has no business advocating one over another.
Are you familiar with Louisiana's constitution?

I am not.

Really? Never is a long time. You must have an impressive file with all my 50k+ posts cataloged.

To make sure I understand you here, you don't particularly like right wing logic. You used it in a post. I laugh at the notion of "forcing". And your position is, "i'm using right wing logic"? And it isn't satirical?

If right wing logic is dumb, then you made a dumb post. It happens. Take your lumps and do better the next time.
I'm not sure how this is so hard. I was using language I hoped the right would understand. It's used constantly on here which you should recognize. But by all means continue to prance around claiming an online W if it helps you.

As volbound has already posted, there is a Federal guideline in our Constitution which prevents our Federal government from establishing a religion. That guideline has been grossly exaggerated and added to so much so that some people think the phrase 'separation of church and state" is in the constitution.

A State's constitution governs the state government's relationship with its people. If the people of Utah wanted to make Mormonism the state religion, they could (or should) be able to do that.

Secondly, posting 10 commandments isn't establishing a religion at either the Federal or State level.

As volbound has already posted, there is a Federal guideline in our Constitution which prevents our Federal government from establishing a religion. That guideline has been grossly exaggerated and added to so much so that some people think the phrase 'separation of church and state" is in the constitution.

A State's constitution governs the state government's relationship with its people. If the people of Utah wanted to make Mormonism the state religion, they could (or should) be able to do that.

Secondly, posting 10 commandments isn't establishing a religion at either the Federal or State level.

I agree but with 1 caveat, if UT made Mormonism it's state religion the BoRs would still protect it's citizens from state discrimination for not practicing Mormanism.

I'm not sure how this is so hard. I was using language I hoped the right would understand. It's used constantly on here which you should recognize. But by all means continue to prance around claiming an online W if it helps you.
You shouldn't "force" it on us by posting, I guess.

And btw, your cart of strawmen must be overflowing today. Please show me the post where I claimed an online W?

Wrong at every level. What's next? If you don't read a Bible verse you get a lower grade?

I agree but with 1 caveat, if UT made Mormonism it's state religion the BoRs would still protect it's citizens from state discrimination for not practicing Mormanism.
I agree with that, of course. I think freedoms and protections should rise to the highest authority. I don't want NY to make guns illegal to own when Americans have a protection against that tyranny.

You shouldn't "force" it on us by posting, I guess.

And btw, your cart of strawmen must be overflowing today. Please show me the post where I claimed an online W?
You said "take my lumps" when you're the only one who believes he's giving them out on that single word interpretation.

Wrong at every level. What's next? If you don't read a Bible verse you get a lower grade?

Please, go into detail on how he is wrong at every level. Destroy that little strutting peacock right wing loon with facts and your knowledge of the constitution.

Some may not understand where the phrase came from but to pretend it came from an uninvolved or irrelevant party is ridiculous. TJ was critical to the constitution and the bor

You said "take my lumps" when you're the only one who believes he's giving them out on that single word interpretation.
You made a bad post. It happens. We all do it. Take your lumps is take your lumps. I can't help it if you interpret that to mean I am claiming a W or prancing around.

If you used "force" as a gotcha because the righties use it when the issue is offensive to them, and I laughed at "force", aren't I proving your point (that you are now making)?

You made a bad post. It happens. We all do it. Take your lumps is take your lumps. I can't help it if you interpret that to mean I am claiming a W or prancing around.

If you used "force" as a gotcha because the righties use it when the issue is offensive to them, and I laughed at "force", aren't I proving your point (that you are now making)?
No, there was nothing wrong with my post given where it was posted. Of course the targeted audience is unlikely to recognize or admit it.

Reactions: NashVol11
Some may not understand where the phrase came from but to pretend it came from an uninvolved or irrelevant party is ridiculous. TJ was critical to the constitution and the bor
And yet, with his critical role in the construction of the document, his presidency to push an amendment codifying what he later explained, we don't see the phrase "separation of church and state" in the Constitution.

I am not arguing any of the points about his importance. Nor am I arguing he never provided that clarity later. I am simply saying the phrase doesn't appear in the document.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
And yet, with his critical role in the construction of the document, his presidency to push an amendment codifying what he later explained, we don't see the phrase "separation of church and state" in the Constitution.

I am not arguing any of the points about his importance. Nor am I arguing he never provided that clarity later. I am simply saying the phrase doesn't appear in the document.
Well if you ever see me make that claim feel free to point it out. It's why I responded to the poster attempting to downplay the importance of TJ. He was essentially Cutcliffe in 98

I bet their crime rate would go down if the students who later become adults start living by The Ten Commandments posted in their classrooms
Certain types of crimes would. But history shows in America at least, bias fueled crimes would not decrease, a bit rather, increase. Self-righteousness triggers/justifies social class and racial attacks. If took a hard look at American history, you'd see this is true. Pogo was right.

Well if you ever see me make that claim feel free to point it out. It's why I responded to the poster attempting to downplay the importance of TJ. He was essentially Cutcliffe in 98
Perhaps the Constitution should be taught in schools. Maybe our country would have a more secure future if Americans knew that like they know the Ten Cs.

VN Store

Back