The Future Right-Wingers Want....

Kind of a slippery slope and I do think the law is a waste of time (just a note, Tennessee's legislature does the same things), but I would actually argue that it isn't necessarily unconstitutional.

The First Amendment "Forbids the Establishment of a Religion." (Note: Separation of Church and State is NOT in the Constitution but was in a letter written by someone that wasn't even a member of the group that wrote the Constitution and wasn't at the Constitutional Convention).

The Ten Commandments are acknowledged by a multitude of religions today so they don't necessarily establish a single religion.

Also, if done for academic purposes, probably appropriate. If you limited every religious icon, you could literally not post anything. Lady Justice is based on Greek myths for example yet we have statutes of her everywhere.

(Note: Separation of Church and State is NOT in the Constitution but was in a letter written by someone that wasn't even a member of the group that wrote the Constitution and wasn't at the Constitutional Convention).
Idk, I feel Thomas Jefferson was at least constitution-adjacent. You disagree?

Idk, I feel Thomas Jefferson was at least constitution-adjacent. You disagree?

Thomas Jefferson was NOT a part of the Constitutional Convention (look it up).

He was a diplomat overseas at that time.

Also the letter he wrote is totally taken out of context. Granted it was by the US Supreme Court in the 1930s that started it but if you go read his letter in context, it doesn't mean what we read into the phrase today. Basically, modern America started this crap as it had no bearing in the original Founding of our nation. That was why our School System opened with prayers for almost two Centuries without issues or our politicians deliberately quoted their religious beliefs in office. Go read some of John Adams or George Washington's speeches or viewpoints as an example.

Funny we ignore Adam's comments about a "just and religious people" being a requirement for our government to run correctly. It is like we "pick or choose" history that fits our narrative.

That being said, I don't agree with Louisiana doing this and I am not sure what they are hoping to accomplish.

You will start to realize that we have had progressive brainwashing since birth in our nation. This is just one example.

EDIT: The main problem with our system was that it was designed for most major decisions to go via legislation and for the people to give their opinions through voting in legislatures. It was especially focused at the state level. The reasoning is that the people have more say in the process.

However, over time, it has been warped to where the Executive Branch (through Agencies) and the Supreme Court are becoming more of the authority while Congress takes the back burner. Some of that is related to modern technologies that could not be accounted for at the time of the founding of our nation so I will give you that. However, the system was designed for your state and local government to have more authority and, in theory, your vote to have more meaning.

In fact, going off the "Separation of Church and State" stupidity, we have 3 states that had or were heavily favoring specific religions at the time of our Founding:

1. Maryland had Catholicism as an Established Faith
2. Massachusetts had Congressionalism (another name for Puritanism) as an Established Faith
3. Pennsylvania was heavily favorable to Quakers

Freakishly backward Louisiana.....

There is a real battle among red states to see which can be the most backward.

Why not post Jesus two commandments if you're going to do thing (which you shouldnt)? Are these folks christians?

Reactions: McDad
When we talk about teaching respect of differing walks of life in schools... Republicans shriek schools should stick solely to educational purpose of math, science, reading, english etc. When we talk of putting religion in school... Republicans think that is appropriate. It's comical.

It’s not a common belief
Oh but on this board anything said or done by an individual is automatically attributed to the entire group. This means anyone identifying as right of center must now denounce this view as valid or we must assume they agree.

Board rules.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Maybe they should just black out the first 4, the last 6 shouldn't be offensive to anyone.

The First Amendment "Forbids the Establishment of a Religion." (Note: Separation of Church and State is NOT in the Constitution but was in a letter written by someone that wasn't even a member of the group that wrote the Constitution and wasn't at the Constitutional Convention).

I was hoping someone would post this truth.

Thank you

If a rainbow flag in the classroom is forcing kids to turn trans then this is clearly the same thing. Right wing logic!
Are you right wing?
Have I opposed flags?
Was that part of my post to which you replied?

Oh but on this board anything said or done by an individual is automatically attributed to the entire group. This means anyone identifying as right of center must now denounce this view as valid or we must assume they agree.

Board rules.
For example:
When we talk about teaching respect of differing walks of life in schools... Republicans shriek schools should stick solely to educational purpose of math, science, reading, english etc. When we talk of putting religion in school... Republicans think that is appropriate. It's comical.

Reactions: Vol since 77
Thomas Jefferson was NOT a part of the Constitutional Convention (look it up).

He was a diplomat overseas at that time.

Also the letter he wrote is totally taken out of context. Granted it was by the US Supreme Court in the 1930s that started it but if you go read his letter in context, it doesn't mean what we read into the phrase today. Basically, modern America started this crap as it had no bearing in the original Founding of our nation. That was why our School System opened with prayers for almost two Centuries without issues or our politicians deliberately quoted their religious beliefs in office. Go read some of John Adams or George Washington's speeches or viewpoints as an example.

Funny we ignore Adam's comments about a "just and religious people" being a requirement for our government to run correctly. It is like we "pick or choose" history that fits our narrative.

That being said, I don't agree with Louisiana doing this and I am not sure what they are hoping to accomplish.

You will start to realize that we have had progressive brainwashing since birth in our nation. This is just one example.

EDIT: The main problem with our system was that it was designed for most major decisions to go via legislation and for the people to give their opinions through voting in legislatures. It was especially focused at the state level. The reasoning is that the people have more say in the process.

However, over time, it has been warped to where the Executive Branch (through Agencies) and the Supreme Court are becoming more of the authority while Congress takes the back burner. Some of that is related to modern technologies that could not be accounted for at the time of the founding of our nation so I will give you that. However, the system was designed for your state and local government to have more authority and, in theory, your vote to have more meaning.

In fact, going off the "Separation of Church and State" stupidity, we have 3 states that had or were heavily favoring specific religions at the time of our Founding:

1. Maryland had Catholicism as an Established Faith
2. Massachusetts had Congressionalism (another name for Puritanism) as an Established Faith
3. Pennsylvania was heavily favorable to Quakers
"Adjacent"

It was a lighthearted attempt to point out that he had a significant effect, namely the bor. You also quote Adams yet he wasn't there either.

To me one of the most telling aspects is how often God and religion are mentioned in the doc.

Are you right wing?
Have I opposed flags?
Was that part of my post to which you replied?
I'm replying to your laughing at forcing. You have to realize how common that word is in here when discussing children and schools. Surely it was used appropriately in the context of VN

Reactions: NashVol11
Who is in charge of schools in Louisiana?

Does Louisiana's constitution prohibit this?

"Adjacent"

It was a lighthearted attempt to point out that he had a significant effect, namely the bor. You also quote Adams yet he wasn't there either.

To me one of the most telling aspects is how often God and religion are mentioned in the doc.

Why would G^d be mentioned in the constitution?

I'm replying to your laughing at forcing. You have to realize how common that word is in here when discussing children and schools. Surely it was used appropriately in the context of VN
You're struggling here.

If your "forcing" post is satire, fair enough. If not, you used some of the tactics you don't like.

VN Store

Back