The Games that are coming soon, that you can't wait for.

Zelda Echoes of Wisdom. That was a nice surprise at a recent Nintendo Direct.
Im a Nintendo fan, but allow me to rant a little here in regards to games like Echoes...

While I'm glad to see Zelda finally get her own game, I would've preferred it to have been something that didn't look like a damn mobile game! And you watch, Nintendo will charge 60 bucks for this damn thing.

The truth is, Nintendo has been getting away with charging premium prices for indy level work that couldve been made in Roblox this entire generation and NOBODY in the media or the Nintendo fans call them out for it! Instead, we all have to sit here and pretend like Nintendo is doing yeoman's work when in reality, with very few exceptions, the production value of most of their games is that of a mid level indie developer, which would be fine if they charged indie level prices, but they dont! I'd say about 20% of Nintendo's 1st party games are legitimate, full production, ambitious video games and the other 80% are glorified mobile games being sold for 50 or 60 bucks. Yet most everybody seems totally cool with it?? I don't get it. It must be some kind of mass hypnosis.

/rant!

Im a Nintendo fan, but allow me to rant a little here in regards to games like Echoes...

While I'm glad to see Zelda finally get her own game, I would've preferred it to have been something that didn't look like a damn mobile game! And you watch, Nintendo will charge 60 bucks for this damn thing.

The truth is, Nintendo has been getting away with charging premium prices for indy level work that couldve been made in Roblox this entire generation and NOBODY in the media or the Nintendo fans call them out for it! Instead, we all have to sit here and pretend like Nintendo is doing yeoman's work when in reality, with very few exceptions, the production value of most of their games is that of a mid level indie developer, which would be fine if they charged indie level prices, but they dont! I'd say about 20% of Nintendo's 1st party games are legitimate, full production, ambitious video games and the other 80% are glorified mobile games being sold for 50 or 60 bucks. Yet most everybody seems totally cool with it?? I don't get it. It must be some kind of mass hypnosis.

/rant!
It’s a style that’s different than the BOTW and TOTK but that doesn’t mean it’ll be a bad game or even a small game. Link’s Awakening was fun. Nintendo is definitely geared more for kids and it’s more user friendly, kind of like Apple of gaming. PS and Xbox are more powerful. Each has its unique games and each shares games. Luckily, Nintendo got on board with allowing 3rd party games on their platform so it helped bring more good games to their systems but the fact is they don’t try to compete with more powerful systems and they’re more kid-centric so if that’s not what you’re wanting you’ll be disappointed. Mario games mostly get on my nerves now as I can’t stand having to do the same things a bunch of times but the Zelda series is almost always good. To each their own though. I very much enjoy my PS5 as well.

It’s a style that’s different than the BOTW and TOTK but that doesn’t mean it’ll be a bad game or even a small game. Link’s Awakening was fun. Nintendo is definitely geared more for kids and it’s more user friendly, kind of like Apple of gaming. PS and Xbox are more powerful. Each has its unique games and each shares games. Luckily, Nintendo got on board with allowing 3rd party games on their platform so it helped bring more good games to their systems but the fact is they don’t try to compete with more powerful systems and they’re more kid-centric so if that’s not what you’re wanting you’ll be disappointed. Mario games mostly get on my nerves now as I can’t stand having to do the same things a bunch of times but the Zelda series is almost always good. To each their own though. I very much enjoy my PS5 as well.
Games like Links Awakening would've been on the 3DS handheld and would've sold for 39.99 back in the day. That's about what a game like that should cost. It's highway robbery that they are charging 60.00 for that game. Hell, Luigis Mansion 2: Dark Moon WAS a 3DS game that sold for 39.99 and now that Nintendo is porting it over to the Switch, it's suddenly a 60.00 game?? Give me a damn break! They can shove it! I'll pay that price if the production value of the game justifies it but for all these smaller hand-held style games that Nintendo is trying to justify charging full console price for, pfft they can kick rocks!

Games like Links Awakening would've been on the 3DS handheld and would've sold for 39.99 back in the day. That's about what a game like that should cost. It's highway robbery that they are charging 60.00 for that game. Hell, Luigis Mansion 2: Dark Moon WAS a 3DS game that sold for 39.99 and now that Nintendo is porting it over to the Switch, it's suddenly a 60.00 game?? Give me a damn break! They can shove it! I'll pay that price if the production value of the game justifies it but for all these smaller hand-held style games that Nintendo is trying to justify charging full console price for, pfft they can kick rocks!
Then just don’t buy it. Link’s Awakening was a remake of a Gameboy game so that’s why it was so small. Echoes of Wisdom is not.

I'm hoping this will deliver. I'm not sure about the animation style in this compared to the previous games. The gameplay still looks promising to me from what I've seen and that's all you can go on. A lot of mixed reactions, but I'll see once it comes out. It's my kind of game so I hope it's good.

Then just don’t buy it. Link’s Awakening was a remake of a Gameboy game so that’s why it was so small. Echoes of Wisdom is not.
LOL what did I literally say in my post??

I'll pay that price if the production value of the game justifies it but for all these smaller hand-held style games that Nintendo is trying to justify charging full console price for, pfft they can kick rocks!

I'm hoping this will deliver. I'm not sure about the animation style in this compared to the previous games. The gameplay still looks promising to me from what I've seen and that's all you can go on. A lot of mixed reactions, but I'll see once it comes out. It's my kind of game so I hope it's good.

DA has been getting worse since 2. What I have seen did nothing to change my opinion.

Crappy characters except for the hold overs, crappy character development, mid at best storytelling. Decent-ish combat.

Right now I am thinking the only way I play this is like 5 years after launch when I can pick it up for 20 bucks.

DA has been getting worse since 2. What I have seen did nothing to change my opinion.

Crappy characters except for the hold overs, crappy character development, mid at best storytelling. Decent-ish combat.

Right now I am thinking the only way I play this is like 5 years after launch when I can pick it up for 20 bucks.

Mind you two wasn't Orgins by a long shot,I still had fun with it. I liked the characters of Inquisition, but hated the MMORPG gameplay style. I'm skeptical of what I've seen here,but I'm going to wait and see.

Mind you two wasn't Orgins by a long shot,I still had fun with it. I liked the characters of Inquisition, but hated the MMORPG gameplay style. I'm skeptical of what I've seen here,but I'm going to wait and see.
I didn't like any of the characters in Inquisition. *incoming rant*

every single one of them was the exact same.
They put on one front, but then turn around and have an almost completely opposite otherside. and they were never particularly well written explanation, at least well written into the gameplay that made it make sense/part of the story.

Casandra was billy bad arse who actually like rom com books.
The elf was the flippant/slutty lesbian who doesn't care, except that she does care.
the horned guy was the freed from slavery anti-government role who was actually still pro the government that enslaved him.
the female wizard was supposed to be an emotionless establishment persona who actually was an emotionally locked up girl in love with a dying person, and completely over the establishment.
the elf wizard was deeply caring about his people, but turns about to be the harbinger of everyone's destruction, including his people.
the dead/ghost/spirit dude was just weird, don't remember what happened with his character.
the strong independent gay guy with daddy issues who needs a male lead in his life
the overserious warden wasn't a warden at all.

I don't mind there being SOME gray, but when everyone has a gray background like that it was impossible for me to care about any of them. at least in Origins and 2, when the characters had that type of ambiguity it was an AND and not the OR it was inquisition.

IDK something about the writing of the characters just really bothered me and I didn't like any of them. the conversations at the base, conversations overheard in the field, romance options, rival/counter character roles; none of them came across as interesting.

Reactions: Pennheel
I didn't like any of the characters in Inquisition. *incoming rant*

every single one of them was the exact same.
They put on one front, but then turn around and have an almost completely opposite otherside. and they were never particularly well written explanation, at least well written into the gameplay that made it make sense/part of the story.

Casandra was billy bad arse who actually like rom com books.
The elf was the flippant/slutty lesbian who doesn't care, except that she does care.
the horned guy was the freed from slavery anti-government role who was actually still pro the government that enslaved him.
the female wizard was supposed to be an emotionless establishment persona who actually was an emotionally locked up girl in love with a dying person, and completely over the establishment.
the elf wizard was deeply caring about his people, but turns about to be the harbinger of everyone's destruction, including his people.
the dead/ghost/spirit dude was just weird, don't remember what happened with his character.
the strong independent gay guy with daddy issues who needs a male lead in his life
the overserious warden wasn't a warden at all.

I don't mind there being SOME gray, but when everyone has a gray background like that it was impossible for me to care about any of them. at least in Origins and 2, when the characters had that type of ambiguity it was an AND and not the OR it was inquisition.

IDK something about the writing of the characters just really bothered me and I didn't like any of them. the conversations at the base, conversations overheard in the field, romance options, rival/counter character roles; none of them came across as interesting.

While I didn't mind a few of them,(I didn't mind Cassandra even though they were going with the character with the tough exterior with her) I do agree they tried to fit every character in a box and make them similar in a PC sort of way.

VN Store

Back