The "I can't sleep" night before the first game thread. (admittedly off topic)

Honestly, I expected a much more riled bunch tonight.

It's Austin Peay. I mean, I'm ecstatic that the season is finally here, but after the first quarter our game is going to be about as exciting as the NFL preseason. I'll be a lot more fired up for that jackass Bobby Petrino next week.

I'm so excited.. can't sleep!!

tumblr_mc1vlptjEe1rrn9k9o1_500.gif

Reactions: 1 person
I have a hard time sleeping when I'm excited about something. I can't wait for the game tomorrow. Ill be there to root on the vols.

It's Austin Peay. I mean, I'm ecstatic that the season is finally here, but after the first quarter our game is going to be about as exciting as the NFL preseason. I'll be a lot more fired up for that jackass Bobby Petrino next week.

I know what you mean, but I'm actually excited to see some of the young guys get a chance to play.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm usually up late every night. I'm a full time student at the graduate level and all my classes are in the evening. I do my best work late and I usually take sometime for myself as well. Tonight it's off to bed just a little earlier...2am. Cause I got a big day planned. Going early to Knoxville to soak up the atmosphere until kickoff. Then going to enjoy a little football at good ol' Neyland.

It's hard to get riled up for AP.
No offense to AP.

But at least it's football in Tennessee. I'd rather watch UT vs AP then any other game in the country. Sure it'll probably get "boring" by the first quarter but I don't get to go to many games so Ill take what I can get.

But at least it's football in Tennessee. I'd rather watch UT vs AP then any other game in the country. Sure it'll probably get "boring" by the first quarter but I don't get to go to many games so Ill take what I can get.

True enough. I'm sure that I would be more fired up if I were lucky enough to be there.

If a Snyder coached KSU can get dropped by an FCS powerhouse , anything can happen.

Almost. What are your plans tomorrow Bill?

I know several who are in your same boat. It's not as crowded this time of night, so there's plenty of room to kick up your feet. :lol:

I live in Nashville but my wife has an idea of us going to Memphis in the morning. I get off of work at 0400 and we will leave at 0900 heading to Memphis.

Of course, I will miss the game. I will find out which Memphis radio station is associated with the U.T. network and I will make sure that we are in the car from 5 p.m. - 8 p.m. so I can hear the game.

I'm excited to see the Butch Jones version of the Volunteers, but my overall excitement for Tennessee(pro and college) football in general isn't as high as it used to be. I guess neither of my favorite teams(Titans/Vols) being worth 2 ****s in what feels like forever will do that.

I still get pumped about football season and watching football in general..but the results of the Titans/Vols games don't get me as up or as down as they used to. Go in to most games expecting a loss now adays. Back in the late 90s/early 00s it'd be considered an upset for almost any team to beat either the Titans or Vols.

Maybe we'll see them return to that soon.

True enough. I'm sure that I would be more fired up if I were lucky enough to be there.

Yeah I've only been a handle full of times. So I'm going to take it all in. I'm so pumped! For me it's usually a financial and time issue or I would go more.

Yeah I've only been a handle full of times. So I'm going to take it all in. I'm so pumped! For me it's usually a financial and time issue or I would go more.

The gameday experience is always unreal regardless of the opponent. Amazing how even when we're as down as we are right now we can still put 80-90+ thousand in the stands. Such a dedicated fanbase.

I can relate. It's a time and distance issue for me. My son and I try to make at least one game a season but its not looking like it will happen this year.

I can never sleep the night before the first game. Then also the Bama and UF game. I'm so excited. Go Vols!!!!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back