The "I can't sleep" night before the first game thread. (admittedly off topic)

Waiting on opening day for college football is the longest night of the year. It's longer than Christmas Eve.

Reactions: 1 person
I can't wait for the game tomorrow (today)!

I know it's Austin Peay, but anytime my Vols take the field, I am utterly beside myself with enthusiasm! And this year I'm especially excited to see how we look -
are we a disciplined team?
do we have playmakers?
can we get pressure on the QB without blitzes?
how will Neal and Lane do?
what will Marquez North show us?
how has AJ Johnson grown under Thigpen's tutelage?
can Palardy make all his extra points?
will Cam Sutton make any big plays?
is Dontavis Sapp able to live up to the offseason hype that has been generated?
does our much-heralded O-line push the Peay-bodies all over the field?

So many questions!

Reactions: 1 person
Funny, the past few years I couldn't sleep after those two games.

Haha! Yeah. Me either. I went to an album release party in the Shoals tonight for some friends of mines band. Their record is being released on Single Lock Records. It's a new record label run by John Paul White of the group the Civil Wars. The Civil Wars have the #1 record in America right now.He is a long time friend and neighbor of mine.The only reason I bring that up is because John Paul loves the Vols. Life long fan.

Reactions: 2 people
I want to be in Neyland so bad today, but I'm still stuck in a wheelchair from this spring's mess (three amputation surgeries since March 17). It's also my wife's birthday and I am beholden to whatever she desires me to do. I'll find some way to sneak some headphones to the mall, you just wait and see...

Do it to it Ash!

Night Owl here:hi:....Its football time in TENNESSEE!!!!... 14hrs 23min and counting....GBO

VN Store

Back