The Impeachment Thread

I thought the answer to any question to the house managers is "we need more witnesses.... relevant witnesses not the irrelevant smear witnesses the WH wants to call"... or "I am very protective of my staff and nobody knows nothin' 'bout the whistleblower!"
They’ve already had 17 witnesses, and blocked the whistleblower, should’ve been 18, so Jim Jordan could’ve caught him in a bunch of lies.

Reactions: vols40
Curious. Pelosi expressed some interesting thoughts today that got me thinking. Could the democrats claim a mistrial should the Senate reject all witnesses and evidence?

It's funny how quick the right is to admit their guys are douche bags, once they turn against their dear leader. Where were the attacks on John Bolton's character while he was still serving as National Security Adviser? (cue the sound of crickets chirping in a forest)

I'd rather go by what John Bolton is on video tape saying about the warm and cordial calls to President Zelensky. Not the NY SLIMES dissertation of a manuscript they are yet to see.

Curious. Pelosi expressed some interesting thoughts today that got me thinking. Could the democrats claim a mistrial should the Senate reject all witnesses and evidence?

They can start the process all over from the beginning and keep getting the same result. That kinda fits a certain definition of something.

That can start the process all over from the beginning and keep getting the same result. That kinda fits a certain definition of something.

If Pelosi is already talking damage control and calling it a “mistrial “, she already knows it’s over and all that’s left is the vote .

It will be interesting to see what Roberts does if the vote for witnesses comes in 50-50. Will he break the tie or abstain?
I heard it stated yesterday that if the vote is 50-50 it will be chalked up to the R's.

Not sure what was the basis for that.

Usually it's the VP (currently Pence), as I'm sure you know, who would cast the last vote in case of a deadlock but that may not apply in impeachment proceedings and if it's up to Roberts nobody knows how he would vote.

If Pelosi is already talking damage control and calling it a “mistrial “, she already knows it’s over and all that’s left is the vote .
Is it "over" after they dismiss the articles? You and the rest of the Trumpers will be claiming victory and screeching that they're still investigating , fake news, Shifty schiff, overthrow a duly elected President, coup, hoax, witch hunt, no collusion. It's not going to be the political victory you had hoped for.

Reactions: tvolsfan
I'd rather go by what John Bolton is on video tape saying about the warm and cordial calls to President Zelensky. Not the NY SLIMES dissertation of a manuscript they are yet to see.
You continue to hold out hope that John Bolton's book wont be corroborating the allegations made under Article I: Abuse of Power from the Articles of Impeachment. If what The New York Times had reported was false information, don't you think that either John Bolton or a member of Bolton's legal team, or even the publisher, would have corrected the record by now? This report is a week old now. And who do you think leaked the contents of Bolton's book to The New York Times in the first place?

You continue to hold out hope that John Bolton's book wont be corroborating the allegations made under Article I: Abuse of Power from the Articles of Impeachment. If what The New York Times had reported was false information, don't you think that either John Bolton or a member of Bolton's legal team, or even the publisher, would have corrected the record by now? This report is a week old now. And who do you think leaked the contents of Bolton's book to The New York Times in the first place?
Bolton of course.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
Is it "over" after they dismiss the articles? You and the rest of the Trumpers will be claiming victory and screeching that they're still investigating , fake news, Shifty schiff, overthrow a duly elected President, coup, hoax, witch hunt, no collusion. It's not going to be the political victory you had hoped for.

We were talking about the Senate trial part will be over . Not one person here thinks the left will stop trying to remove Trump . Your party isn’t smart enough for that . They will keep on until they cost themselves seats in the House and Senate . Then ... it will be “ OVER” .

Reactions: AM64 and Zues1
There's probably a witness to Trump telling Bolton that.

Now you have to worry about this-When McConnell goes to vote on the articles, crying Chick Schumer can delay it by wanting to move to vote on this witness, or other things. When he does that he can make it hard prolonging this thing as long as he wants. Every motion that he makes, can be debated up to one hour. Chuck Schumer could make this thing go all the way to to November if he wants, that pos, will try to prolong this thing as long as he wants. Now, the only other way to stop this crap, would be McConnell to go to nuclear, and stop it. I think that is going to have to be done here.

Reactions: vols40

VN Store

Back