The Impeachment Thread

We were talking about the Senate trial part will be over . Not one person here thinks the left will stop trying to remove Trump . Your party isn’t smart enough for that . They will keep on until they cost themselves seats in the House and Senate . Then ... it will be “ OVER” .
So you think the Dems will lose the house?

So you think the Dems will lose the house?

if they keep on impeaching they will . The voters get tired of the political crap all the time . They have other duties they were put there to do besides Impeachment of the president.

I heard it stated yesterday that if the vote is 50-50 it will be chalked up to the R's.

Not sure what was the basis for that.

Usually it's the VP (currently Pence), as I'm sure you know, who would cast the last vote in case of a deadlock but that may not apply in impeachment proceedings and if it's up to Roberts nobody knows how he would vote.
Josh Hawley just spoke to this question. Evidently it would be up to Roberts if he so chose but he's apparently signaled that he won't cast a tie-breaking vote therefore a 50-50 outcome means the motion fails...

Reactions: AM64
if they keep on impeaching they will . The voters get tired of the political crap all the time . They have other duties they were put there to do besides Impeachment of the president.
I didn't think anyone was watching or at least that's what the Trumpers have been saying. Truth is they are watching. They're seeing what everyone else is seeing, the GOP holding a show trial. It's transparently obvious since they don't have an actual defense.

I didn't think anyone was watching or at least that's what the Trumpers have been saying. Truth is they are watching. They're seeing what everyone else is seeing, the GOP holding a show trial.

Voters don’t have to watch to get tired of something ongoing . The next time the left does this to Trump you party will be setting a president . I’m guessing here , but they better have the smoking gun, DNA , and a video of Trump doing it or you will solidify the Republican base that will be sick of seeing that crap .

Bolton can write whatever he wants to sell his book. That doesn't make it fact. However Bolton on video saying what appears to be the exact opposite looks convincing. Sour grapes.

Reactions: AM64 and vols40
Nevertheless if Bolton is the leaker here, there is a certain symmetry don't you think?
Sure, but Bolton will be much harder to discredit and dismiss for being biased against the Trump Administration and having a politically motivated agenda. So much of Donald Trump's defense of his own actions over the last three years has revolved around being able to paint his accusers with the label of being a biased political partisan. How does he do that with John Bolton, who worked as an Ambassador to the United Nations under the Bush Administration before working for Fox News for 8 years as Barack Obama's most outspoken critic on a right leaning network? Trump handpicked Bolton for National Security Adviser.

Sure, but Bolton will be much harder to discredit and dismiss for being biased against the Trump Administration and having a politically motivated agenda. So much of Donald Trump's defense of his own actions over the last three years has revolved around being able to paint his accusers with the label of being a biased political partisan. How does he do that with John Bolton, who worked as an Ambassador to the United Nations under the Bush Administration before working for Fox News for 8 years as Barack Obama's most outspoken critic on a right leaning network? Trump handpicked Bolton for National Security Adviser.
You're arguing a point I never tried to make.

Sure, but Bolton will be much harder to discredit and dismiss for being biased against the Trump Administration and having a politically motivated agenda. So much of Donald Trump's defense of his own actions over the last three years has revolved around being able to paint his accusers with the label of a biased political partisan. How does he do that with John Bolton, who worked as an Ambassador to the United Nations under the Bush Administration before working for Fox News for 8 years as Barack Obama's most outspoken critic on a right leaning network? Trump handpicked Bolton for National Security Adviser.
He's trying to sell a book, and there are recordings of him saying the opposite of what this book allegedly claims. I don't think it would be hard to discredit him. There's obvious financial benefit for him with this book in play.

Reactions: AM64 and 0nelilreb
If it's 50 50 vote, no way Roberts would tie break.

Murkowski and Alexander apparently conferencing now alone. Expect them to vote identically tomorrow to avoid 50 50 vote.

EDIT: Lamar says he's publicly saying his decision tonight.

Last edited:
You continue to hold out hope that John Bolton's book wont be corroborating the allegations made under Article I: Abuse of Power from the Articles of Impeachment. If what The New York Times had reported was false information, don't you think that either John Bolton or a member of Bolton's legal team, or even the publisher, would have corrected the record by now? This report is a week old now. And who do you think leaked the contents of Bolton's book to The New York Times in the first place?

Hell no they wouldn’t have corrected the record. They want to sell books

VN Store

Back