The Impeachment Thread

No, you don't speak for everyone. I can freely admit that Bill Clinton committed the crime of perjury. It is clear that he did. I don't think he should have been impeached for it, because he was lying over a personal matter which frankly, should not have been anyone else's business but his wife's, who obviously didn't care. It was still a crime, though.

I actually said those words at the time , except I added he should be fired for using his power for sex with his subordinate .

That BJ wasn’t why he was impeached , nice try . Lying under oath bad , using your power to have sex with your underling / subordinate is a bad bad thing and I would expect the liberal party to completely understand that .
Nothing compared to Trump's crimes.

It was more than a personal matter. He was being sued for sexual harassment. He was under oath. Even agreeing it's a crime, you're defending the behavior by calling it a personal matter.
Paula Jones was accusing him of sexual harassment over accusations which predated his run for the presidency. Whether or not he ever had sex with Monica Lewinsky, was nobody's business but his and Hillary's.

I think he was referring to the filth spewing from the mouth. It comes from both sides, but no where near equally.
You can't honestly claim that it does.

I can claim it , and if you don’t believe it , you should try other platforms besides this one that , ummm , isn’t as peaceful and gentle . You are like a babe in the woods if you believe the left/ progressive aren’t as vile as the right .

Didn't Dershowitz say that abuse of power is not an offense for which a president can be removed? So doesn't that mean that the stance must now be that Clinton using his office for sexual gratification, which is clearly an abuse of power, is not worthy of consideration?

Reactions: luthervol
I can claim it , and if you don’t believe it , you should try other platforms besides this one that , ummm , isn’t as peaceful and gentle . You are like a babe in the woods if you believe the left/ progressive aren’t as vile as the right .
We were talking specifically about the PF. But the babe in the woods dig was cute.

Reactions: 0nelilreb
Paula Jones was accusing him of sexual harassment over accusations which predated his run for the presidency. Whether or not he ever had sex with Monica Lewinsky, was nobody's business but his and Hillary's.
So you can't see how having an affair with an intern speaks to the accusations by Paula Jones? You don't see the behavioral connection? You can't be that dense.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83 and AM64
Didn't Dershowitz say that abuse of power is not an offense for which a president can be removed? So doesn't that mean that the stance must now be that Clinton using his office for sexual gratification, which is clearly an abuse of power, is not worthy of consideration?

Didn’t Pelosi and Nadler say impeachment should never be strictly partisan , because it would undermine our democracy?

Well that certainly presents a conundrum.

Didn’t Pelosi and Nadler say impeachment should never be strictly partisan , because it would undermine our democracy?

The chances of anything nonpartisan happening in our government are slim to none. We don't have a government, we have a really boring national sportsball game.

That’s not why he was impeached

He wasn't impeached for stooping the chubby intern. He was impeached for lying under oath.

The chances of anything nonpartisan happening in our government are slim to none. We don't have a government, we have a really boring national sportsball game.

Then it goes to your question , seems like everything now is open and all that is required is the majority votes . I can’t wait for a Bernie or EW to try and implement their policies and navigate through the Houses . We haven’t seen a meltdown yet , wait until our economy is tanking and someone tries to implement a free health care or a free education for all policy while raising taxes to pay for them .

Reactions: Rickyvol77 and AM64
That BJ wasn’t why he was impeached , nice try . Lying under oath bad , using your power to have sex with your underling / subordinate is a bad bad thing and I would expect the liberal party to completely understand that .
Especially when he lied about it during a deposition about sexually harassing another subordinate. It’s quite remarkable to see some of those who are all about some me too movement not seeing their own hypocrisy.

VN Store

Back