The Impeachment Thread

No, for once @luthervol has it right. Our politics - as do all things - exist on a continuum. They're divided into two camps because the majority of people cannot operate outside of the simplicity of an A vs B system. Just look at the number of posters here who can't operate or even contemplate that there is space between what they perceive as the two sides and that continuum is occupied by most people.

It's sportsball, but with politics. Make it complex and they can't hang.

But Trump would approve of that message (unlike any past president).
Hell, Trump wouldn't only approve, he would re-tweet it to millions with a couple of thumbs up followed by MAGA.

This is the tone set by our president Again, unlike any past president.
Not the norm, not the center of any continuum.....far from it.
Still not impeachable. He was elected in accordance with our laws. You can't impeach him because you don't like him. You have to have a real, valid reason that rises to the level of impeachment, something that despite all of their attempts, the Dems have yet to find.

If you want him gone, win in 2020. From what I've seen of the Dem frontrunners, that will be difficult. But not impossible.

Reactions: AM64 and StarRaider
Still not impeachable. He was elected in accordance with our laws. You can't impeach him because you don't like him. You have to have a real, valid reason that rises to the level of impeachment, something that despite all of their attempts, the Dems have yet to find.

If you want him gone, win in 2020. From what I've seen of the Dem frontrunners, that will be difficult. But not impossible.
They lead Trump head to head in every poll... all of them do.

Ukraine hoax? Didn't Sen. Alexander just confirm that Trump did exactly what he was accused of under Article I : Abuse of Power? You need a better catch word.

I wouldn't say confirm. He believes Trump did it. IMO, it's highly probable he did it. But confirm would suggest actually proven, which I still don't think it was. You have a denial from the Ukraine, and no testimony where Trump gave such an order. But I agree with Lamar that he probably did it, it just doesn't rise to the level of impeachment. Still say the House would have been better off voting to censure him. Probably would have set him off as well.

No, for once @luthervol has it right. Our politics - as do all things - exist on a continuum. They're divided into two camps because the majority of people cannot operate outside of the simplicity of an A vs B system. Just look at the number of posters here who can't operate or even contemplate that there is space between what they perceive as the two sides and that continuum is occupied by most people.

It's sportsball, but with politics. Make it complex and they can't hang.
I remember shirts vs. skins in high school gym. Intense game.

There was a valid reason. Trump did exactly what he was accused of doing, and it was wrong. He withheld aid to a foreign country so he could pressure them into doing a campaign favor for him. Whether or not it constitutes an abuse of power that justified impeachment, will depend on who you ask. There is not a clear consensus on the matter. Quit acting like this is so black and white. It's not.

There was a valid reason. Trump did exactly what he was accused of doing, and it was wrong. He withheld aid to a foreign country so he could pressure them into doing a campaign favor for him. Whether or not it constitutes an abuse of power that justified impeachment, will depend on who you ask. There is not a clear consensus on the matter. Quit acting like this is so black and white. It's not.
5E2B4BAE-1F45-41AE-828B-950FA05ADE3C.gif

Reactions: Big Al Orange

It's relativism. Had a democratic president done the same things, there would be calls for blood and demands for a conviction of treason. Simple observation of patterns of behavior here confirm that; it would be the logical response given the established modus operandi of the majority of the posters.

If there isn't consensus then wouldn't that be clear indication that it should not be impeachable?

If perjury doesn't rise to the level, this certainly didn't either. So it was kind of black and white IMO.

Reactions: AM64
I wouldn't say confirm. He believes Trump did it. IMO, it's highly probable he did it. But confirm would suggest actually proven, which I still don't think it was. You have a denial from the Ukraine, and no testimony where Trump gave such an order. But I agree with Lamar that he probably did it, it just doesn't rise to the level of impeachment. Still say the House would have been better off voting to censure him. Probably would have set him off as well.
That is your opinion. In Senator Alexander's opinion, the House managers proved their case against Trump under Article I : Abuse of Power. Senator Alexander even used the word 'proved'.

It's moral relativism. Had a democratic president done the same things, there would be calls for blood and demands for a conviction of treason. Simple observation of patterns of behavior here confirm that; it would be the logical response given the established modus operandi of the majority of the posters.
The last democrat president did far worse, he sent ****ing pillows and blankets instead of weapons, allowed Crimea to be annexed and spied on an opposing political party’s candidate.

The last democrat president did far worse, he sent ****ing pillows and blankets instead of weapons, allowed Crimea to be annexed and spied on an opposing political party’s candidate.

Don't change the subject. If a democratic president did the exact same thing as Trump, the response would be the opposite on this board. Pattern established and proven over time.

Trump doesn't give a crap as long as he has the horde of 36 percenters marching lockstep in their worship of him.
Bring on the election, let's see what we're made of. We've collectively failed the tests for 3 years.

VN Store

Back