The Impeachment Thread

I'm not being clear I guess.

I am suspicious that the criticism is not real. That its fabricated to give the false impression that Barr is his own man and that there is some sort of distance between them.
True. Is there something preventing Barr from telling Trump to his face that he doesn't appreciate the tweets? No. Barr wanted it on the record that the thinks the tweets are unprofessional so he can deflect some of the blow back coming from within the Department of Justice over Trump's meddling. This was purely for public consumption. If Barr truly had a problem with it, he would have resigned.

I had the same thought. It comes off weird.

I didn't get "staged" either; for me that comment seemed disjointed ... like it didn't fit the rest of what he said. One of those times you'd almost wonder if someone did a little selective editing, but I don't think that happened.

I didn't get "staged" either; for me that comment seemed disjointed ... like it didn't fit the rest of what he said. One of those times you'd almost wonder if someone did a little selective editing, but I don't think that happened.
That's a better way of putting it. It was a little bit of an odd rabbit hole to go down.

Reactions: AM64
True. Is there something preventing Barr from telling Trump to his face that he doesn't appreciate the tweets? No. Barr wanted it on the record that the thinks the tweets are unprofessional so he can deflect some of the blow back coming from within the Department of Justice over Trump's meddling. This was purely for public consumption. If Barr truly had a problem with it, he would have resigned.
Because resignation is the answer to everything? I think you're putting a little wishful thinking into your "reasoning".

Reactions: 37L1 and AM64
Because resignation is the answer to everything? I think you're putting a little wishful thinking into your "reasoning".
I don't care who the Attorney General is. It really doesn't matter when the only criteria involves serving as Trump's "Roy Cohn". However, it is clear that Barr's interview with ABC News was purely for public consumption. It was all about spectacle. The resignations of the 4 prosecutors has created a perception that Barr wants to fight, and this interview was a part of a public relations strategy for Barr to portray himself as being independent of Trump's influence, when that doesn't appear to be the case.

I don't care who the Attorney General is. It really doesn't matter when the only criteria involves serving as Trump's "Roy Cohn". However, it is clear that Barr's interview with ABC News was purely for public consumption. It was all about spectacle. The resignations of the 4 prosecutors has created a perception that Barr wants to fight, and this interview was a part of a public relations strategy for Barr to portray himself as being independent of Trump's influence, when that doesn't appear to be the case.

Tell is how independent these loser prosecutors are.

Tell is how independent these loser prosecutors are.
Tell me why William Barr needs to use ABC News to communicate to Donald Trump to stop tweeting about cases where he has a personal interest in the outcome. He doesn't. That interview wasn't for Trump's benefit. Barr wants to fight the public perception that he wasn't acting independently of Trump's influence, when he intervened in the sentencing recommendation of Roger Stone.

That's a possible narrative, but that doesn't mean it's true. We don't really know the truth. What I do know to be true, is that based on your political leanings, you'll assume the worst and not entertain other ideas. It could be about optics, but it could also be how Barr truly feels. We just don't know.

It’s all a set up between Barr and Trump, so the left can lose their minds again. Trump wins again. SHHHHH! Oops, I shouldn’t have said that.

Reactions: vols40
Tell me why William Barr needs to use ABC News to communicate to Donald Trump to stop tweeting about cases where he has a personal interest in the outcome. He doesn't. That interview wasn't for Trump's benefit. Barr wants to fight the public perception that he wasn't acting independently of Trump's influence, when he intervened in the sentencing recommendation of Roger Stone.
Or he does, because putting it out in the public puts more pressure on Trump to comply. It also allowed McConnell to come out and agree, which adds to the pressure on Trump to listen. I think even the most die hard Trumpers would have to admit how stubborn Trump is. His Twitter is uncontrollable. So maybe this is a legitimate attempt to rein that in a little. Or, it could be optics.

Barr is appointed not elected. And the best thing is he has 5 more years to make you libs cringe. And I am looking forward to it. You guys have been 1000% wrong about everything.

To another point tell me why Roger Stone should serve more time than a rapist? The outrage should and will ultimately be on these hack Mueller prosecutors and the Obama appointed Judge. Even a juror is a self admitted Trump hater who couldn't win a congressional seat in Memphis. Lol

Reactions: AM64
I think President Trump will pardon Roger Stone
tenor.gif

I agree. The same was true of all these people that didn’t like Trump’s foreign policy regarding Ukraine. They didn’t even try to talk to him.

Or maybe Barr used that ABC platform for protection, verses saying it the POTUS in private.

You got nothing. They are career hacks and the country is better off now they have resigned.
You know absolutely nothing about them yet can make such an absurd, absolute claim. A perfect example of why we have such divisiveness in our country.

I would ask you to provide some specificity with your claim but I know none would be forthcoming.

VN Store

Back