The Impeachment Thread

Well, nothing's stopping the Senate from taking up all those bills passed by the house. Moscow Mitch knows full well though the he doesn't want his NRA-funded senators to be seen voting no on sensible gun control legislation.

There are no bills in the Senate close to being “sensible gun control legislation”.

So let me see if I understand
1) Ukrainian leaders say there was no pressure
2) No one told them that money was being held back
3) They didn't restart Burisma or DNC investigations
4) They got their money
Worst Quid Pro Quo in history...now Joe Biden that man could get results in 6 hours!

The committee rules have changed since Nixon and Clinton. Opening an impeachment inquiry without a full house vote on a formal resolution of impeachment inquiry is a democratic move to keep Republicans out of the process. I'm not even sure they have subpoena power at this point.
If that's the case obstruction is off the table for anyone subpoenaed.

Reactions: AM64
You'd think the White House would want to get the word out about the perfect phone calls.
With only those the democrats deem to subpoena. Collins has no say at this point. It's not unilateral convent on subpoenas. The response letter to those subpoenaed is the legislative branch can legislate without full details of a proposed illegality. They can still do their jobs without testimony. We'll see how far that goes.
I see changes coming that will liken to the nuclear option if no full house resolution is voted on. The committees will change their rules and it will come back to bite them in the butt.

Do both sides get to ask questions?
The way Nadler has refused to recognize parliamentary rules of procedure lately, I'm not sure.

Edit: there doesn't even have to be a house member of any committee present during questioning if the subject says it's ok.

Last edited:
Republicans claimed that the messages were taken out of context and that Volker testified that Taylor only brought up withholding security assistance based off a Politico report. However, Volker nor his attorney have confirmed that account. Republicans are demanding Schiff release the transcript of the more than nine hour long deposition.

'Crazy to withhold security' aid to Ukraine for political campaign: Top US diplomat

Curious indeed. Why bar ANYONE from testifying before Congress?

I mean, after all, Trump's call with Ukraine was "perfect". He's got nothing to hide, right?

Yeah it looks like the purpose of the resolution at this point is to provide window dressing for the Courts in the event of what is happening now. There may be some procedures that can be streamlined and it would potentially give the president some ability to participate which would be an interesting facet.
They did that with Clinton, allowed him to be present during the procedures.

Yep the only one with firsthand info is the Ukraine leader and he denied the Quid pro quo... everyone else is just speculating on motive

Are you daft, man? There were at least a dozen people listening in on the call between Trump and Zelensky.

Stop trying to change reality. Only Trump is allowed to do that.

This is not nothing. He has already admitted it. And evidence confirms it. He will be impeached. The only question is whether enough GOP Senators grow a set and can vote to convict.
They don't even have a formal resolution for impeachment inquiry yet.

Republicans claimed that the messages were taken out of context and that Volker testified that Taylor only brought up withholding security assistance based off a Politico report. However, Volker nor his attorney have confirmed that account. Republicans are demanding Schiff release the transcript of the more than nine hour long deposition.

'Crazy to withhold security' aid to Ukraine for political campaign: Top US diplomat
I’ve pointed this exact reference out multiple times to the libs and all I get is a screeching “Nuh uh! It doesn’t mean that!” in reply. Good luck!

VN Store

Back