The Impeachment Thread

That certainly might be but it’s funny how some on here give people crap for deflecting but when you actually provide a rebuttal they don’t reply. It’s because some on here aren’t actually looking for a discussion. They are just here to stir the pot, get people worked up, and play games.

You just described septic in your last sentence. There's certainly a few more but he comes to mind first.

So wait... One guy is mad because the meetings are behind closed doors but you somehow know what questions are being asked? Get your stories straight.

I’m talking about all the other dim s*** shows where idiots like Sheila Jackson Lee are looking like fools as well as all the other dims.

Reactions: AM64
You mentioned the second amendment and its reference to armed militias. I'm saying at that time it was inconceivable for the framers that the US would have a military that would not only protect the states from foreign invasion, as ours does, but project power around the globe.

Would they have the people responsible for our modern military hanged if they were alive today?

Another point. It was less than ten years after the Constitution was written that many of the same people were passing laws that violated it. Maybe their principles were in practice more flexible than you think.

Alien and Sedition Acts - Wikipedia

-

Without doubt we've had better QBs, but Dewey is my favorite.
Dewey Warren would be in my top two; I am also partial to Peyton (like what Vol fan isn't). I was a little too young to fully appreciate Warren's flair but in retrospect he was quite the man on campus. (Wonder does he have any Indian blood..?). He had some great players in the backfield too: the speedy Richmond Flowers and the reliable Richard Pickens. Pickens was from Knoxville and went to the same high school as me, though he was a dozen years my senior...

Dewey Warren would be in my top two; I am also partial to Peyton (like what Vol fan isn't). I was a little too young to fully appreciate Warren's flair but in retrospect he was quite the man on campus. (Wonder does he have any Indian blood..?). He had some great players in the backfield too: the speedy Richmond Flowers and the reliable Richard Pickens. Pickens was from Knoxville and went to the same high school as me, though he was a dozen years my senior...
Former Vol receiver Johnny Mills was a salesman who called on me weekly for years. We threw the football around behind my place of business a couple of times (he was a qb in high school), and he told me that I knew how to catch the ball much better than Flowers. The difference is that I was slow and never played anything but sandlot football. Nobody ever told me how to hold my hands, whether the ball was low or high, or in front of or behind me or whatever. He was apparently watching me and how I placed my hands, and brought that up out of the blue. Of course, Mills played with Flowers, and was the favorite target for Warren.

Reactions: AM64 and RavinDave
No I didn’t mention as anything other than what it is . I mention the 2a and the government ever increasing intrusion on the populous as well as confiscating property . The governments responsibility is to provide a military to keep us safe and to enforce the laws / rights that we already have . Why would the hang military leaders ? Just because the constitution says we should have a well regulated militia doesn’t mean we can’t have a full time federal military, especially since it’s entirely made up of volunteers.

My point is that the world in which they laid out their view of government was completely different than it is today. If they lived today their views would have evolved to match the changes in society.

The second amendment being one of many examples. Saying that people, many of whom lived in frontier areas where Indian/British/French/Spanish attacks were a real concern, could own a musket in 1790 is a completely different than saying someone can freely buy assault weapons in 2019.

My point is that the world in which they laid out their view of government was completely different than it is today. If they lived today their views would have evolved to match the changes in society.

The second amendment being one of many examples. Saying that people, many of whom lived in frontier areas where Indian/British/French/Spanish attacks were a real concern, could own a musket in 1790 is a completely different than saying someone can freely buy assault weapons in 2019.

Since times have changed ... we can also do away with freedom of speech , freedom of the press and freedom of religion ? Oh and there no such thing as an assault weapon unless dirt , sticks , rocks , knives, spoons and forks etc. etc. are also assault weapons . Just because times change doesn’t mean the actual rights are bad now .

I only got to see Dewey play on highlight vids...I used to like to listen to his takes on his radio show... interesting story Jimmy Hyams told me once that they were neighbors and that Dewey was offered a show at Sports Animal but didn't like the time slot and turned it down I told him I thought that was a mistake sometimes you just gotta get your foot in the door

Reactions: AM64 and RavinDave

VN Store

Back