The Impeachment Thread

Karl: “So the demand for an investigation into the Democrats was part of the reason that it was ordered to withhold funding to Ukraine?”
Mulvaney: “The look-back to what happened in 2016 certainly was part of the thing that he was worried about in corruption with that nation. And that is absolutely appropriate.”
Karl: “For withholding the funding?”
Mulvaney: “Which ultimately then, flowed. We were worried if we didn’t pay out the money it would be illegal, it would be unlawful. That is one of those things that has a little shred of truth in it that makes it look a lot worse than it really is. We were concerned about, over at OMB, about impoundment.
Karl: “But to be clear, what you just described is a quid-pro-quo: the funding will not flow unless you’re getting an investigation into the Democratic server happened as well.”
Mulvaney: “We do that all the time with foreign policy. We were holding up money at the same time to the Northern Triangle countries so they would change their policies on immigration. This speaks to an important point because I heard this yesterday and I can never remember the gentleman who testified. Was it Mckinney? I don’t remember, he testified yesterday…he said yesterday that he was really upset with the political influence in foreign policy.
I have news for everybody: get over it. There’s going to be political influence in foreign policy. That is going to happen. Elections have consequences, and the foreign policy is going to change from the Obama administration to the Trump administration.”

Here’s the transcript of Mick Mulvaney’s Thursday press briefing — decide for yourself whether he confirms Trump’s Ukraine phone call was an illegal quid pro quo

Karl: “So the demand for an investigation into the Democrats was part of the reason that it was ordered to withhold funding to Ukraine?”
Mulvaney: “The look-back to what happened in 2016 certainly was part of the thing that he was worried about in corruption with that nation. And that is absolutely appropriate.”
Mulvaney: “Which ultimately then, flowed. We were worried if we didn’t pay out the money it would be illegal, it would be unlawful. That is one of those things that has a little shred of truth in it that makes it look a lot worse than it really is. We were concerned about, over at OMB, about impoundment.
Karl: “But to be clear, what you just described is a quid-pro-quo: the funding will not flow unless you’re getting an investigation into the Democratic server happened as well.”
Mulvaney: “We do that all the time with foreign policy. We were holding up money at the same time to the Northern Triangle countries so they would change their policies on immigration. This speaks to an important point because I heard this yesterday and I can never remember the gentleman who testified. Was it Mckinney? I don’t remember, he testified yesterday…he said yesterday that he was really upset with the political influence in foreign policy.
I have news for everybody: get over it. There’s going to be political influence in foreign policy. That is going to happen. Elections have consequences, and the foreign policy is going to change from the Obama administration to the Trump administration.”

Here’s the transcript of Mick Mulvaney’s Thursday press briefing — decide for yourself whether he confirms Trump’s Ukraine phone call was an illegal quid pro quo

Fake News! Mulvaney has his own alternative facts.

So they worried about corruption just like Biden? So I can count on Dems asking Joe to drop out of the race any second now for him and Obama committing impeachable offenses while in office?

So they worried about corruption just like Biden? So I can count on Dems asking Joe to drop out of the race any second now for him and Obama committing impeachable offenses while in office?
giphy.gif

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
It isn't a non-answer, I just feel like we are all beating multiple dead horses.

Biden's foreign policy actions in Ukraine were coordinated with numerous NATO and EU allies that wanted the same goal: removal of a corrupt official from Ukraine. That is leveraging funding for actual foreign policy gains for several nations. That isn't an impeachable offense, nor illegal, nor corrupt. I wouldn't have a problem if Trump did that at all, that is how foreign policy works. For example, can't remember the guys name or the country, but wasn't there an American preacher imprisoned illegally somewhere in the Middle East last year that the administration successfully helped released? I'm sure Trump said, "let this dude go, or there will be hell to pay." That isn't corrupt or wrong at all, that is foreign policy.

The difference with this situation is Trump, Rudy, Mulvaney, and friends basically said, "give us dirt on my potential political opponent, or we will withhold taxpayer funds from you." This benefited no one but Trump. This wasn't about foreign policy, this was about attacking Biden and Hillary for political self-gain.

The other difference is all of these quotes and the transcript from Trump and friends admitting to doing it. Not some long-haired dude letting his imagination run wild in his Mom's basement to get YouTube clicks.

Just my take, but I don't see any impropriety from papa Biden, little Biden, Obama, or Hillary. But there is an awful lot of smoke around Trump and Rudy. We'll see how it turns out. My guess is nothing happens to anyone and we move on to the next scandal.

Reactions: Septic
It isn't a non-answer, I just feel like we are all beating multiple dead horses.

Biden's foreign policy actions in Ukraine were coordinated with numerous NATO and EU allies that wanted the same goal: removal of a corrupt official from Ukraine. That is leveraging funding for actual foreign policy gains for several nations. That isn't an impeachable offense, nor illegal, nor corrupt. I wouldn't have a problem if Trump did that at all, that is how foreign policy works. For example, can't remember the guys name or the country, but wasn't there an American preacher imprisoned illegally somewhere in the Middle East last year that the administration successfully helped released? I'm sure Trump said, "let this dude go, or there will be hell to pay." That isn't corrupt or wrong at all, that is foreign policy.

The difference with this situation is Trump, Rudy, Mulvaney, and friends basically said, "give us dirt on my potential political opponent, or we will withhold taxpayer funds from you." This benefited no one but Trump. This wasn't about foreign policy, this was about attacking Biden and Hillary for political self-gain.

The other difference is all of these quotes and the transcript from Trump and friends admitting to doing it. Not some long-haired dude letting his imagination run wild in his Mom's basement to get YouTube clicks.

Just my take, but I don't see any impropriety from papa Biden, little Biden, Obama, or Hillary. But there is an awful lot of smoke around Trump and Rudy. We'll see how it turns out. My guess is nothing happens to anyone and we move on to the next scandal.
You gotta stop using debunked talking points Neither the Ukrainians nor the international community wanted Shokin fired that was orchestrated by Obama and Biden
Diplomat Testified Obama Admin Orchestrated Ukraine Prosecutor's Ouster

You gotta stop using debunked talking points Neither the Ukrainians nor the international community wanted Shokin fired that was orchestrated by Obama and Biden

Not so much about am international effort to remove him,. but it's becoming pretty clear on who is pulling Shokin's strimgs, presently.

Ukrainian oligarch Firtash linked to Giuliani pals' gas deals and Biden dirt digging
www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1067516

Last edited:
Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Thanks for the link..but Biden already admitted a Quid Pro Quo so it's unnecessary...and the international pressure angle has been debunked.. so he and Obama committed impeachable offenses guess the Dems will ask him to drop out any sec now

Kent said the international community — namely the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and Western nations within the European Union — were deferential to U.S. directives on the matter.

"Deferential", does not equal your claim of it being "debunked".

VN Store

Back