The Impeachment Thread

How so? If today's vote on the rules of impeachment showed anything, it's that it will be a straight party line vote. That means two things: Trump will be impeached by the House ... but acquitted by the Senate.

I guess you call that going well. Have fun with that. This whole episode makes Democrats look like morons.

Reactions: tennvols77
And the reality is that Trump has never tried to co-exist with any member of the press who hasn't positioned themselves as strictly being a partisan ally.
It's straight out of the Bannon/Stone playbook. War against the press. Gaslight. Laying the groundwork to say bad press coverage is not because it is deserved but because the press is corrupt and against you.

I guess you call that going well. Have fun with that. This whole episode makes Democrats look like morons.
I would expect that from a Republican perspective... but from the perspective of a Democrat? Donald Trump should not have been leveraging military aid, which had been authorized by Congress, against a foreign government's willingness to assist his personal attorney in an investigation of an American citizen, who was also a potential opponent in an upcoming election. There is evidence suggesting that is exactly what happened.

I would expect that from a Republican perspective... but from the perspective of a Democrat? Donald Trump should not have been leveraging military aid, which had been authorized by Congress, against a foreign government's willingness to assist his personal attorney in an investigation of an American citizen. There is evidence suggesting that is exactly what happened.

We’ve all seen the transcript. You are projecting what you want into his motivations.

Reactions: tennvols77
We’ve all seen the transcript. You are projecting what you want into his motivations.
This impeachment inquiry involves more than just the July 25th phone call, but even the transcript of that call includes this ominous statement from Trump that suggests a quid-pro-quo: "We need you to do us a favor, though." Though? The inclusion of that word implies that there were conditions being placed on the military aid, which Trump had already withheld from the Ukraine.

I would expect that from a Republican perspective... but from the perspective of a Democrat? Donald Trump should not have been leveraging military aid, which had been authorized by Congress, against a foreign government's willingness to assist his personal attorney in an investigation of an American citizen, who was also a potential opponent in an upcoming election. There is evidence suggesting that is exactly what happened.
We don't know what he did or didn't do. There are operatives coming out of the woodwork to try to take him down before he gets them. I don't believe any of it at this point. There have been too many attempts.

@37L1

That’s one thread. I didn’t bother with the dozens of posts where you only Insulted people for arguing it was wrong for Trump to obstruct justice.

Why would you even lie about that?

This impeachment inquiry involves more than just the July 25th phone call, but even the transcript of that call includes this ominous statement from Trump that suggests a quid-pro-quo: "We need you to do us a favor, though." Though? The inclusion of that word implies that there were conditions being placed on the military aid, which Trump had already withheld from the Ukraine.

Your theory hangs on the word “though”? Am I understanding you correctly?

Reactions: VolnJC
Your theory hangs on the word “though”? Am I understanding you correctly?
I'm saying there is evidence of a quid-pro-quo within the text of the July 25th transcript. That transcript does not exonerate Trump of anything. Like I just said in the previous post, this impeachment inquiry involves a lot more than just the July 25th phone call between Trump and Zelenskyy. Tim Morrison testified to evidence of a quid-pro-quo earlier today.

@37L1

That’s one thread. I didn’t bother with the dozens of posts where you only Insulted people for arguing it was wrong for Trump to obstruct justice.

Why would you even lie about that?
There are many on here who claim to be moderate non-Trumpers but whose posts strongly suggest otherwise.

I'm saying there is evidence of a quid-pro-quo within the text of the July 25th transcript. That transcript does not exonerate Trump of anything. Like I just said in the previous post, this impeachment inquiry involves a lot more than just the July 25th phone call between Trump and Zelenskyy. Tim Morrison testified to evidence of a quid-pro-quo earlier today.

We’ve all seen it.

He’s completely exonerated.

Just sitting back watching Trump impeach himself, Trumpers contort themselves into increasingly uncomfortable positions of support, and the fabric of society continue to fray.

I’m not uncomfortable. And I’m not really that flexible. I could never manage to touch my toes during those old gym stretch routines.

VN Store

Back