The Impeachment Thread

Careful there. You have made more personal insults against others in this thread than all others combined. Pot>>Kettle.

Have I? I called 1972 senile, but that was more of an observation than an insult. I know he can't help it, that happens to old people. It's like calling a retarded person a retard, it's bad taste. You call your friends retards when they're acting retarded. -MS

If you can point out where I've ad hom'd "more than anyone else, combined", I'll happily eat crow. In fact, I rarely dial up a personal insult. I may imply that trumpers are brain dead ass clowns that are barely tolerated by a civil society - but I'll only occasionally state it overtly. I think what gets you guys worked up into a lather is the fact that your ilk has to work at trying to understand how little I think of you. I should point out this isn't necessarily directed at you individually, so you know... No offense.

No. The guy you were citing was just making stuff up.

With Schiff it could certainly be plausible given his history...like the secret, democrats only impeachment meeting in the secure basement of the Capitol. Transparency and all...

The Fast has the Furious comes to mind immediately as a scandal.

Lois Lerner and her IRS buddies come to mind as another scandal.

Benghazi and getting American diplomats killed comes to mind as another scandal.

None of those were probably impeachable though. However ALL of them represented serious issues within our government and ALL were much more serious than this **** show.

Yet here we are talking about impeachment over this nothing **** show 🤷‍♂️
Excellent points. DIMs can't get it. They never will. Just need to be stomped and beaten down constantly.

Not gonna read the last 20 pages or so.

I thought both witnesses seemed very credible with respect to the things they personally observed. The source of some of Taylor’s info is problematic to me, but I’m sure that’s been discussed.

The main thing I took away from Taylor was that there were behind-the-scenes discussions about conditioning aid on the deliverables and the democrats did an ok job of using both men to establish the magnitude of withholding Ukranian aid and why Americans should care about it.

I still thought the Democrats could have focused more on Kent and Taylor to testify to the significance of Ukraine. I thought their testimony about US foreign policy and the benefits of a strong US/Ukraine relationship was the most compelling thing I heard today, as somebody who was already familiar with the facts.

George Kent seemed like easily the smartest guy in the room. More Republicans really should be disappointed that Hurd is retiring, he was reasonable and did a good job of advancing the Trumpist’s case, flawed as it is.

I didn’t hear too much new other than the Sondland/Trump phone call thing, which I wouldn’t give a ton of weight, and some of the foreign policy testimony.

Republicans did a good job of establishing that Zelensky either didn’t know that aid was being withheld on 7/25 or didn’t feel comfortable raising it. To the extent Giuliani, Parnas, or Sondland had conveyed that to them ahead of time, they appear not to have believed it.

Reactions: VolnJC
Not gonna read the last 20 pages or so.

I thought both witnesses seemed very credible with respect to the things they personally observed. The source of some of Taylor’s info is problematic to me, but I’m sure that’s been discussed.

The main thing I took away from Taylor was that there were behind-the-scenes discussions about conditioning aid on the deliverables and the democrats did an ok job of using both men to establish the magnitude of withholding Ukranian aid and why Americans should care about it.

I still thought the Democrats could have focused more on Kent and Taylor to testify to the significance of Ukraine. I thought their testimony about US foreign policy and the benefits of a strong US/Ukraine relationship was the most compelling thing I heard today, as somebody who was already familiar with the facts.

George Kent seemed like easily the smartest guy in the room. More Republicans really should be disappointed that Hurd is retiring, he was reasonable and did a good job of advancing the Trumpist’s case, flawed as it is.

I didn’t hear too much new other than the Sondland/Trump phone call thing, which I wouldn’t give a ton of weight, and some of the foreign policy testimony.

Republicans did a good job of establishing that Zelensky either didn’t know that aid was being withheld on 7/25 or didn’t feel comfortable raising it. To the extent Giuliani, Parnas, or Sondland had conveyed that to them ahead of time, they appear not to have believed it.
RT85, that is a very level headed response!!

Reactions: VolnJC

VN Store

Back