The Impeachment Thread

So? I don't care what a republican says.....it's his opinion just like yours. Means nothing.
Actually, his opinion carries weight. If Trump is impeached, Sasse will be voting on whether or not to convict. Of course, Democrats will never get 13 Republicans to reach the required super majority of 60 for a conviction and removal from office, but to even get 1 Republican vote would be huge, politically speaking.

Actually, his opinion carries weight. If Trump is impeached, Sasse will be voting on whether or not to convict. Of course, Democrats will never get 13 Republicans to reach the required super majority of 60 for a conviction and removal from office, but to even get 1 Republican vote would be huge, politically speaking.
I thought it was 67?

If Trump gets railroaded out of office......I still sleep good at night. My life pretty much stays the same.

Nah, now you have presbyopia.

I see your new topic - going for a twofer tonight, huh? Something new and something old. Almost seems like you should have done something like "Pelosi's Myopic Impeachment Pole Will Bring Dims Blue Balls"

Reactions: Orangeburst
I see your new topic - going for a twofer tonight, huh? Something new and something old. Almost seems like you should have done something like "Pelosi's Myopic Impeachment Pole Will Bring Dims Blue Balls"

It is a dumb poll, just have to get it out of my system.

You could be right... I'm not sure about that. Whatever it is, they will never get it. It would send a powerful statement if it wasn't just a party line vote.
Agreed. If it even gets that far, it would be damning if the impeachment vote was over 50. That would mean at least four GOP senators jumped the fence.

That's fine. I wasn't arguing whether it was a good idea that she be allowed to go or not. My issue was solely in describing her action with the word exploit.

When 16 year-olds surreptitiously signed up and fought in WWII or other wars, we don't say the US government exploited kids in its war effort, we say they volunteered to fight.
But the US government did exploit them.

Based on the initial public reactions to the whistleblower's report from Congressmen on both sides of the aisle, it's not looking like there's any silver bullet dooming Trump. Maybe Democrats will unearth something else during their investigation process and, quite possibly, it frankly wouldn't surprise me if Trump has withheld / omitted parts of the puzzle to date. At any rate, I foresee no groundswell in favor of impeachment barring something that truly indicts Trump. However, what could trip up Trump is process - if it is later revealed that he squashed or altered any evidence, that would be his death knell. Remember, what doomed Nixon wasn't the crime, but rather the covering up and obfuscation of the crime.

Reactions: Orangeburst

VN Store

Back