The Initial '08-'09 Hoops Trap 10.

you're being disengenuous here and you know it. He used it until it mattered and then he didn't. With the lack of parity that existed during the vast majority of his tenure, very few of his coaching decisions mattered. In big games, they did matter and he lost way more than he should have. He moved away from his blue team every time it mattered later in his career, because even he decided it was silly.

I'm not being the least bit disingenuous. If you two think he quit using the blue team, you're both totally clueless about Carolina basketball, which doesn't really surprise me. Since you're not Carolina fans, you have no reason to be extremely knowledgeable about it. Just don't act like you do have a clue regarding it when you clearly don't.

Since you're not Carolina fans, you have no reason to be extremely knowledgeable about it.

So are you a huge fan of everything? You seem to think you are extremely knowledgeable about everything, so it would make sense.

I'm not being the least bit disingenuous. If you two think he quit using the blue team, you're both totally clueless about Carolina basketball, which doesn't really surprise me. Since you're not Carolina fans, you have no reason to be extremely knowledgeable about it. Just don't act like you do have a clue regarding it when you clearly don't.
Name the "Blue" Team members that played in the games I referenced. While you're at it, tell me again how stupid I was to say Rajon Rondo would be a quality NBA point guard.

Also, I have it on good authority (read: an "extremely knowledgeable" Carolina fan) that Dean Smith did in fact move away from the blue team in the early 1990s when schollies went from 15 to 13.

Also, I have it on good authority (read: an "extremely knowledgeable" Carolina fan) that Dean Smith did in fact move away from the blue team in the early 1990s when schollies went from 15 to 13.

Yes. UNC moved away from the blue team in the same way that the UT football team moved away from the running game last year. It wasn't emphasized as much as in the past, but UT DID run the ball last year. UNC didn't play the blue team in the 90's as much as they did in the past, but they DID utilize the blue team. Notice that your "extremely knowledgeable" Carolina fan did not use the terms "quit using" or "abandoned using" the blue team.

Last edited:
I know all I need about UNC basketball and prefer to know less. I'll assure you that I know enough basketball in general to talk about it every bit as knowledgeably as you do. which isn't much of a threshold (since you're little more than a UNC homer.)

VN Store

Back