The Last of Us Series (HBO)

I’m excited to see how they handle some of the huge events from the game. There is a TON of potential here with what’s coming I am confident to say after seeing how well they are handling this material. They change just enough up while keeping to the source material. I’m actually excited for the people that have never played the game, as I have a general idea of what’s coming and the payoff will be great for those who stick with it.

Agreed, me and my son said the same last night as it ended. Couldn’t believe it had been almost an hour.
I was sad to see the 2nd episode not 80 minutes like the first one because I knew it would go by too quick.

Reactions: 615vols
Netflix has me spoiled. I much prefer just watching the series at my own pace. Hate waiting for episodes.

I'll be very curious to see how the next episode handles...

Bill and Frank. In the game, Bill and Frank's relationship was merely a footnote. In fact, part of what I think made Bill so effective was that detail about him was handled so deftly. Not all gay people are rainbow-touting baristas from metro LA. A lot of people you'd never know unless they told you (like Bill)! I'm just concerned that Druckman won't resist the temptation to pander to the alphabet mafia and turn this episode into "Brokeback Bill". The character doesn't need that and neither does the story.

Also, I loved the scene this last episode where Joel and Tess are gnawing on stale jerky and Ellie pulls out a Chick-Fil-A deluxe! Ha!

Reactions: tbwhhs and FLVOL_79

Bill and Frank. In the game, Bill and Frank's relationship was merely a footnote. In fact, part of what I think made Bill so effective was that detail about him was handled so deftly. Not all gay people are rainbow-touting baristas from metro LA. A lot of people you'd never know unless they told you (like Bill)! I'm just concerned that Druckman won't resist the temptation to pander to the alphabet mafia and turn this episode into "Brokeback Bill". The character doesn't need that and neither does the story.

Also, I loved the scene this last episode where Joel and Tess are gnawing on stale jerky and Ellie pulls out a Chick-Fil-A deluxe! Ha!
Well..when in Atlanta..

I have the same concern. It definitely seems like they are going to spend the episode fleshing that out. So far they've given me no reason to doubt them, so I won't jump to any conclusions. But that will be annoying.

NONE of this story is meant to be a love story to any degree.

I have the same concern. It definitely seems like they are going to spend the episode fleshing that out. So far they've given me no reason to doubt them, so I won't jump to any conclusions. But that will be annoying.

NONE of this story is meant to be a love story to any degree.
Until the second session

Watched the second episode. WIsh I saw what everyone else is seeing. Just feel like Im watching yet another Walking Dead spinoff. Flame away I guess.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Watched the second episode. WIsh I saw what everyone else is seeing. Just feel like Im watching yet another Walking Dead spinoff. Flame away I guess.

I really want to give an elaborate answer, but it’s so hard to convey what I want to say without spoiling anything. Having played the game I can tell you that this is an emotional roller coaster with an ending to match.

I am afraid that if they mess around too much people will gather the same thoughts as you though. Especially scared of that with what they previewed for the next episode. The game really centers around the turmoil Joel goes through having lost his daughter and Ellie hating him. The preview for the third episode makes it look like it’ll be an episode focused on these other characters, sort of in the same vein as an Alexandria or prison from twd, and the game was 100% not like that. I hope they don’t waste abunch of filler episodes on it.

Reactions: tbwhhs and bignewt
I really want to give an elaborate answer, but it’s so hard to convey what I want to say without spoiling anything. Having played the game I can tell you that this is an emotional roller coaster with an ending to match.

I am afraid that if they mess around too much people will gather the same thoughts as you though. Especially scared of that with what they previewed for the next episode. The game really centers around the turmoil Joel goes through having lost his daughter and Ellie hating him. The preview for the third episode makes it look like it’ll be an episode focused on these other characters, sort of in the same vein as an Alexandria or prison from twd, and the game was 100% not like that. I hope they don’t waste abunch of filler episodes on it.

Thanks for the balanced response. Problem is right now I don't like Joel or Elle. Joel seems like a sniveling beta boy and Elle is just a smart ass, and plain stupid not taking life and death seriously. Im guessing the game is all about you liking the main characters. So far Im not there.

Thanks for the balanced response. Problem is right now I don't like Joel or Elle. Joel seems like a sniveling beta boy and Elle is just a smart ass, and plain stupid not taking life and death seriously. Im guessing the game is all about you liking the main characters. So far Im not there.

You’re getting into the part that I can’t spoil, LOL. I’ll just leave it at a ton of character development takes place.

Reactions: bignewt

Rofl....wtf does that even mean?

Of all the criticisms, this is by far your dumbest.

I waited all week for that... awful.

Yeah… I’m fine with them deviating or slightly changing minor things here and there with the story, but that episode last night was a head scratcher. What did that add to the story? It actually took away from it compared to the game. Just had to have an episode to focus on something completely irrelevant to please the alphabet crowd… disappointing.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Yeah… I’m fine with them deviating or slightly changing minor things here and there with the story, but that episode last night was a head scratcher. What did that add to the story? It actually took away from it compared to the game. Just had to have an episode to focus on something completely irrelevant to please the alphabet crowd… disappointing.
How did it take away from anything? Its an adaptation of the story. I bet if it was a straight couple you wouldn't have the same complaint

It’s tough with these derivatives. I’m trying to like this show but not there yet. So far, I’d put Sweet Tooth way ahead of this in terms of storytelling, character development, and action.

Last of Us does remind me of a video game though. It reminds me of those slow gen 1 playstation and xbox games where it felt like you spent more time waiting for the next scene/level to download than you did actually playing the game.

Reactions: tbwhhs and bignewt

VN Store

Back