The (many) indictments of Donald Trump

Of course you don't know because you never listen to their positions. You just echo the talking points. Nice try though. I don't hate the player, just the game.
You asked me a question. I answered with nuance, and apparently you have no interest in nuance. Either one of them could be right. Neither of them could be right. Both of them can be right. They certainly both have ATMs on their back porches because of you. Yes, they laugh at you too!😉

Happy end of Thanksgiving Weekend

Reactions: Sudden Impact
You asked me a question. I answered with nuance, and apparently you have no interest in nuance. Either one of them could be right. Neither of them could be right. Both of them can be right. They certainly both have ATMs on their back porches because of you. Yes, they laugh at you, too!😉

Happy end of Thanksgiving Weekend

Oh I understand the nuance and the trick.

Thanks Bernard, I still appreciate the double doubles you averaged at UT. I hope you understand and appreciate the nuance.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
There will NEVER be any limits imposed on age or term on members of Congress. EVER. They are the ones that make the rules and that would shorten their.... rule.

But now why don't you do Biden's indiscretions regarding classified materials?

Term limits make sense - evidence shows that hanging around in elected office doesn't improve anybody. I can't agree on simply saying someone is too old to be in office, but I do agree there are politicians that are definitely expired and their bodies haven't been notified. At one time you would have to retire at 60 in your job, but plenty of pilots are fully capable of flying much longer, and experience is something that has to be accumulated - we aren't born with it. From that perspective there is evidence that a minimum age is justified both for being in office and for voting - these days it seems like both should probably be bumped upwards.

Reactions: davethevol
Good to know you stand for selective prosecution... but this all comes down to whether he is actually allowed to have said documents. 1 ruling that says he was allowed and it all goes away. Now with the declassification of documents procedures for the POTUS being muddled it'll be interesting what happens....

"Rules for thee but not more me" is a very DNC position to take. Being a right wing lean as you call yourself I'm surprise your so quick to condemn Trump but just give Biden, Hills. Obama, and pence a pass..

The real issue is that Biden, Pence, and Clinton never had the murky declassification or offsite document privilege that the president may have, and their indiscretions are being ignored. That means this is certainly selective prosecution with the goal to keep Trump out of office. If they simply want to claim that Trump is unfit to hold the office, no problem, but then the reasons would also exclude most politicians prancing around DC from the WH, too.

the worm will turn one day..maybe after we are both dead.
got to keep the faith we come thru this.

There is a bright side to our own expiration dates. Did you ever think you'd see the day that people couldn't figure out what sex someone is? Or that men can't have babies, and other sick stuff? Mental illness seems to be venerated today.

Term limits make sense - evidence shows that hanging around in elected office doesn't improve anybody. I can't agree on simply saying someone is too old to be in office, but I do agree there are politicians that are definitely expired and their bodies haven't been notified. At one time you would have to retire at 60 in your job, but plenty of pilots are fully capable of flying much longer, and experience is something that has to be accumulated - we aren't born with it. From that perspective there is evidence that a minimum age is justified both for being in office and for voting - these days it seems like both should probably be bumped upwards.

Term limits as well as a 10-15 year waiting period to become a lobbyist or work as or for a defense contractor

Reactions: AM64

The testimony also appeared to bolster Trump's arguments that his lenders did their own due diligence, diminishing the importance of his statements of financial condition that are at the center of the case.

Reactions: AM64 and davethevol

The testimony also appeared to bolster Trump's arguments that his lenders did their own due diligence, diminishing the importance of his statements of financial condition that are at the center of the case.
This trial is the biggest joke I have ever seen.

Reactions: AM64 and vols40

Then who is the victim?

If you illegally obtain a mortgage, but still pay it off, you have broken a law with no victim. Not saying that's what Trump did, but that seems to be the argument that's being made. And it's a fair one if they can prove it.
The prosecution can cite cases in which he filed for bankruptcy on properties which he obtained illegally. That's a problem for him

I don't know the details. But if he misrepresented his worth, and assets, to obtain a loan then that's fraud. And if he bankrupted those properties then there is obviously a victim.
read the article and see what the banker says

Deutsche Bank did its own due diligence to estimate Trump's net worth, landing on a figure that differed from Trump's reported net worth by over $2 billion -- but the difference didn't concern the bank, according to testimony from managing director Dave Williams.

Trump reported a net worth of nearly $5 billion in 2013, according to documents shown at trial. The bank's own Valuation Services Group produced an estimate of only $2.6 billion, a difference that Williams described as "not unusual or atypical."

Reactions: AM64 and davethevol
I don't know the details. But if he misrepresented his worth, and assets, to obtain a loan then that's fraud. And if he bankrupted those properties then there is obviously a victim.
With his attorneys claiming he's paid off "illegally obtained" mortgages, they might have opened the box for the loans he didn't pay off via bankruptcy regardless of location.

VN Store

Back