The (many) indictments of Donald Trump

I've had a chance to see some coverage. 96 seconds is a long time. Don't see why they could not have discussed both the harassing calls and the payment. Seems like it's only because of the drama of defense counsel that it's even a topic of conversation.
What about the fact that Cohen admitted to his attorneys several times Trump did nothing wrong and he had nothing on him...

Have only heard some news reports so kind of unclear to me. Basically Trump people say he got caught lying, anti Trump say he got caught with a faulty memory on an inconsequential point.

So, as one would expect.

So basically you don't know much but you comment often. Good reach there.

I've had a chance to see some coverage. 96 seconds is a long time. Don't see why they could not have discussed both the harassing calls and the payment. Seems like it's only because of the drama of defense counsel that it's even a topic of conversation.

"Seems"

Eh, he said it was the reason he called him - to discuss the payment.

Turns out it wasn’t the reason for the call, and now he changed stories and claims he also talked payment.

CNN (and not the R token Eli) was apoplectic.

Reactions: whodeycin85
The only way this isn't either a hung jury or outright acquittal, is of Trump's ego gets the best of him and he takes the witness stand.

Don't underestimate Trump in that regard.

Anyone with half a brain cell knew that this case was suspect from the start with the way the leadership in New York approached it. It was basically a political attack which is scary.

I think most people sit back, though, to at least see if they had anything so you wouldn't put the foot in your mouth if Trump did come out guilty. If it goes in Trump's favor, expect a major backlash.

This is kind of my point with lawgator. People flock to and start leaning towards Trump due to the constant Democrat/Media meddling with Trump and obsession to take him out (even playing dirty to do it). It turns Trump into some kind of victim or martyr which only energizes his base. If they just let Trump be Trump, he would probably fail.

That's true, but that's because they aren't running in a presidential election. I wish people would stop calling this a "hush money" trial. That's not what it is. It's election interference. Paying people off and falsifying those records in order to silence negative PR right before an election is election interference.
Wonder how many checks Bill Clinton wrote to various women before the 1992 election and what happened to records of THOSE payments? 🤔

Haven’t paid attention to this trial since Daniels’ first or second day of testimony. This thread turning into a “totally going to be an acquittal” echo chamber has me mildly interested to see the result.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
Haven’t paid attention to this trial since Daniels’ first or second day of testimony. This thread turning into a “totally going to be an acquittal” echo chamber has me mildly interested to see the result.

I just don't see the 2nd crime to bump it up to a felony especially in the light of John Edwards (FEC). The state couldn't find an expert to have tax fraud be the 2nd crime.

I think the jury will end up hung.

For balance, you can go these echo chambers for the guilty verdict aspect ... CNN, MSNBC, WaPo, NYT, CBS, NBC, ABC, Politico, and NPR.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
For balance, you can go these echo chambers for the guilty verdict aspect ... CNN, MSNBC, WaPo, NYT, CBS, NBC, ABC, Politico, and NPR.
I've looked at several of those and seen none claiming a high probability of a guilty verdict.

You may need to recalibrate your bias meter.

VN Store

Back