The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Holy shiz, Chris Beard arrested on a felony domestic violence charge.
Good grief, that is some serious stuff. ESPN story for more info.

Also, if we can get JJJ and Vescovi healthy, I think our chances of winning the SEC are pretty stout—I didn't realize how (comparatively) favorable our conference schedule is this year. We do play Kentucky and Auburn at home and on the road, but we get both Arkansas and Alabama at home. And after watching Auburn on Saturday, I'm not sure they'll be as tough this year. Obviously nothing is a given, but all things considered, that's a good setup.

Agreed.

On another subject: someone needs to step up and give a game recap. I just don't know if BTO is gonna or not...It has been one of the best aspects of this forum for years.
I suspect that he grew tired of it after several seasons the way myself and ZJC did before him. It takes a lot of dedication to write up 500-1000 words twice a week for nearly 5 months.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
I couldn’t watch the second half. Hung out in the game thread during the good times, but had to do some work during what looks like a rough final 20 minutes…..don’t care! We held on for a Top 15 win in front of a definitely not neutral court. Pretty much an away game. Huge win that makes up for last year’s loss in MSG.

The one thing I will say is I just hope we never go back to New York ever again lol. Tired of watching those tight rims and annoying bouncy basketballs.
I’ll say this much; Tennessee would have lost this kind of game in the past. We lost two of them just last year (TTU and Texas). I’m impressed we shot that badly and managed to win. Speaks to the elite level of our defense.

I’ll say this much; Tennessee would have lost this kind of game in the past. We lost two of them just last year (TTU and Texas). I’m impressed we shot that badly and managed to win. Speaks to the elite level of our defense.

Exactly. After last year’s TTU game, I will always be happy with just escaping an NBA Arena with a W. No matter how ugly. We’re 9-1 to start the year with two Top 15 wins while playing short-handed. It is very impressive.

I’ll admit it. I overreacted to the Colorado loss at the time it happened. The fact that the Buffs lost to Grambling, combined with our poor shooting, just made the loss hard to swallow at that time, but that loss might have been the best thing to happen to us.

I'll always wish we shot better and shooting like that will cost us another game at some point like it did Colorado. I do wish Awaka and Mashack had played more in the second half. I'm honestly not sure that some of the defensive letdown in the 2nd half wasn't fatigue related. We stopped subbing and just played mostly the same guys really heavy minutes.

"Beard, 49, was booked into the Travis County Jail at around 5:18 a.m. on a third degree felony charge of assault on a family/household member impeding breath circulation, according to inmate records from the Travis County Sheriff’s Office. "

Hey, who hasn't wanted to choke a family member during the holidays?

"Beard, 49, was booked into the Travis County Jail at around 5:18 a.m. on a third degree felony charge of assault on a family/household member impeding breath circulation, according to inmate records from the Travis County Sheriff’s Office. "

Hey, who hasn't wanted to choke a family member during the holidays?

The joke I heard was that usually Texas waits until March before they start choking

We did get a 1st place vote this week and I think we should be top 5. Houston has played nobody except Alabama and they lost that one.

Outside of the top 10, there’s not another team that really does everything well. There’s some pretty big holes in a lot of typically upper tier teams this year. I can’t remember a season that looked this wide open going into conference play.

Reactions: cardvolfan
I suspect that he grew tired of it after several seasons the way myself and ZJC did before him. It takes a lot of dedication to write up 500-1000 words twice a week for nearly 5 months.

Well then, take turns. That settles it!

It really is the best part of Volnation. I think it is greatly appreciated by many folks other than myself.

Well then, take turns. That settles it!

It really is the best part of Volnation. I think it is greatly appreciated by many folks other than myself.
It also is very tiring defending the team from the hot-take reactionaries who show up following each and every loss to inform us of how much the current coach is overpaid, how poorly prepared we “always are” (among other absolutes), and any other moronic statement made out of frustration and immature anger.

I will maybe try and put one together for the Maryland game if I get time, tonight.

It also is very tiring defending the team from the hot-take reactionaries who show up following each and every loss to inform us of how much the current coach is overpaid, how poorly prepared we “always are” (among other absolutes), and any other moronic statement made out of frustration and immature anger.

I will maybe try and put one together for the Maryland game if I get time, tonight.

I mean come on Chris, is the guy who has us ranked in the weekly AP Top 10 for the 29th time in his career here REALLY worth $5 million? Like REALLY? He needs to EARN that money. Until we are ranked in the Top 10 for AT LEAST 30 weeks, I cannot in good conscience support this man.

VN Store

Back