The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I had a bad feeling we would lose considering our history at Rupp.

I didn’t expect to come out extremely flat in the 1st half.

These are the type of games you just move on from.

This might not be one of Cal’s best teams but they have plenty of talent to do damage.

It sucks but oh well. Move on to Texas A&M.

It’s painfully obvious this team CAN be great but is going to play to the level of their competition more times than not. What’s funny is that I could see them making a run this year if they can simply get out of the first weekend. We show up and play inspired ball against every elite team we have faced. I’d wager more money on this group getting bounced by a 14 seed at this point, though.

Go ahead, Princess.
Please be a better contributor. We're all fans, and everyone involved in this discussion spends a substantial amount of time in this forum. If you want to change others' perceptions of the program, season, or single game, your arguments have to make sense and you have to have credibility. You have been doing this nothing but positive/refuse to acknowledge negative schtick all season with great frequency. Let's be more realistic.

Please be a better contributor. We're all fans, and everyone involved in this discussion spends a substantial amount of time in this forum. If you want to change others' perceptions of the program, season, or single game, your arguments have to make sense and you have to have credibility. You have been doing this nothing but positive/refuse to acknowledge negative schtick all season with great frequency. Let's be more realistic.

I’m not trying to change anybody’s mindless perceptions.

It’s painfully obvious this team CAN be great but is going to play to the level of their competition more times than not. What’s funny is that I could see them making a run this year if they can simply get out of the first weekend. We show up and play inspired ball against every elite team we have faced. I’d wager more money on this group getting bounced by a 14 seed at this point, though.

I don’t understand how this team can look great against Top 25 teams but can’t get out of their own way against average/below average teams?

Obviously college basketball is unpredictable but I’d feel much better about our chances going up against a 1/2 seed in the Tournament instead of a 10-11 seed.

I’m not trying to change anybody’s mindless perceptions.
You definitely fooled me since you regularly take up arms whenever someone even implies a deficiency in coaching or poor on-court execution. You definitely seem hell bent on trying to make people think our losses aren't as bad as some think.

I am actually extremely worried that we might be the dreaded 4/13 upset this year. Feels like if we aren’t shooting well from 3, this team has no ability to score the basketball.

I am actually extremely worried that we might be the dreaded 4/13 upset this year. Feels like if we aren’t shooting well from 3, this team has no ability to score the basketball.

We could be the number 1 overall seed in the tournament and I would be worried about getting upset in round 1. This offense could lose to anybody in the field if they have one of their bad games.

You definitely fooled me since you regularly take up arms whenever someone even implies a deficiency in coaching or poor on-court execution. You definitely seem hell bent on trying to make people think our losses aren't as bad as some think.

The dude's response to this game was "WE PLAYED A GREAT SECOND HALF". Lol.

If that's not trying to be a Mega Ultra Sunshine Pumper, then they don't exist.

The dude's response to this game was "WE PLAYED A GREAT SECOND HALF". Lol.

If that's not trying to be a Mega Ultra Sunshine Pumper, then they don't exist.

Your reading comprehension is suspect. I said great defense in the second half as a dig at the OP that didn’t want to hear “great defense” any more. Again. Calm down. Your negavoldumb is off the charts.

Your reading comprehension is suspect. I said great defense in the second half as a dig at the OP that didn’t want to hear “great defense” any more. Again. Calm down. Your negavoldumb is off the charts.

Speaking of reading comprehension.....might want to check your own. I made no mention of you saying anything about second half defense, I said (obviously in a paraphrase) that you said we played a great second half.....which you alluded to in this very thread.

As @Chris4Vols22 said....do better.

Reactions: Native Orange
This team needs to get healthy first and foremost. Need jjj and Phillips back. Then really think small ball is the dominant lineup here on out.

Apart from that, need to hope we don’t get matched up first weekend against an athletic big man. That’s been the common theme in all of our losses this year.

Reactions: berryvol
Speaking of reading comprehension.....might want to check your own. I made no mention of you saying anything about second half defense, I said (obviously in a paraphrase) that you said we played a great second half.....which you alluded to in this very thread.

As @Chris4Vols22 said....do better.

“Obviously a paraphrase”? That’s your cover for incorrectly saying “this dude’s response to this game was”? LMAO.

“Obviously a paraphrase”? That’s your cover for incorrectly saying “this dude’s response to this game was”? LMAO.

Bad coaches let their teams down 20 at the half lose by 40. This team cut it to single digits.

Yeah, clearly you were defeinitely not pumping our second half performance at all. And clearly you weren't just proving you're guilty of what @Chris4Vols22 said you were in this post

by this response I quoted; where you once again gave a response that wasn't even to anything I actually said (hint: I never said Barnes was a bad coach but you fell over yourself to defend him).

And my final response to you is, you are the king of projection. You literally just accused me of trying to cover in a post where you blatantly ignore what I just said.

Yeah, clearly you were defeinitely not pumping our second half performance at all. And clearly you weren't just proving you're guilty of what @Chris4Vols22 said you were in this post

by this response I quoted; where you once again gave a response that wasn't even to anything I actually said (hint: I never said Barnes was a bad coach but you fell over yourself to defend him).

And my final response to you is, you are the king of projection. You literally just accused me of trying to cover in a post where you blatantly ignore what I just said.

No. I was pointing out that bad coaches have their teams quit on them with a 20 point halftime deficit.

Carry on with your Legions of the Miserable diatribe.

Reactions: Chunkyvol12
When this team was playing well on offense earlier in the year we consistently had multiple players in double figures. Now, we’ve reverted to having only one or so player emerge each game from the roulette wheel. Against Texas it was Olivier, against Vandy and Mizzou it was Key. Today of all players on offense it was Mashack figuring things out. If only we could rediscover balanced scoring.

Every year there are teams who take their lumps but figure it out at the right time. We’re just going to have to hope that we’re one of those.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
ROFL.....this is exactly what I'm talking about. You're seriously trying to pump that we did better in the second half and got it as close as *checks notes....8.

If this were another team, you'd be laughing your ass off at how they were trying to spin a bad performance.
When did we fall back into the moral victory mode?

If someone calls today a fluke, I might just punch a wall. We already had the "fluke" game against UK the first game, you can't use that excuse a second time.

And yes, I went in knowing a W in Rupp is always a tough thing, but I never thought we'd come out THAT terribly and I had hoped that after the flat performance the first game, the win over Alabama, AND the fact that this the worst UK team in years that maybe we'd come out strong and take a W. But no, out of the gate we s*** the bed and we s*** it so badly a comeback was a very, very tall ask.

I intentionally didn’t watch today, because I knew it was gonna be ugly. We’re capable of being competitive every game, but without JJJ or Phillips we have to depend on 3 or 4 guys to play at an exceptional level on both ends of the court.

VN Store

Back