The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Maybe I just don’t get into spewing the negative bull**** that so many posters thrive on.

I’m legitimately curious, is there any type of performance that is worthy of being upset about? Or are we never supposed to be disappointed in poor play and just be okay with bad performances when they happen?

I don’t think people are upset with the loss as much as the are upset with another poor performance. It’s one thing to lose, it’s another thing to look as bad as we did today for a large portion of the game.

If someone calls today a fluke, I might just punch a wall. We already had the "fluke" game against UK the first game, you can't use that excuse a second time.

And yes, I went in knowing a W in Rupp is always a tough thing, but I never thought we'd come out THAT terribly and I had hoped that after the flat performance the first game, the win over Alabama, AND the fact that this the worst UK team in years that maybe we'd come out strong and take a W. But no, out of the gate we s*** the bed and we s*** it so badly a comeback was a very, very tall ask.

The fact is, KY was 9-16 two years ago. This is far from their worst team in years. They are trending toward being an NCAAT team.

Reactions: berryvol
I’m legitimately curious, is there any type of performance that is worthy of being upset about? Or are we never supposed to be disappointed in poor play and just be okay with bad performances when they happen?

I don’t think people are upset with the loss as much as the are upset with another poor performance. It’s one thing to lose, it’s another thing to look as bad as we did today for a large portion of the game.

Bruce’s best team was bounced by UL by 19. It’s a long season. Wins at Rupp are rare (except that Barnes has several).

You're likely wasting your time.

Bruce’s best team was bounced by UL by 19. It’s a long season. Wins at Rupp are rare (except that Barnes has several).

How is that an answer to the question?

And by your logic, when Pearl was here then nobody should have criticized him or any losses, because if someone started to you could just go "Would you rather to back to Wade Houston or Buzz Peterson?" or "I guess you hate going to the NCAAT" or any of the same things you say when someone even remotely starts to be "negative" towards a Barnes team.

How is that an answer to the question?

And by your logic, when Pearl was here then nobody should have criticized him or any losses, because if someone started to you could just go "Would you rather to back to Wade Houston or Buzz Peterson?" or "I guess you hate going to the NCAAT" or any of the same things you say when someone even remotely starts to be "negative" towards a Barnes team.

Calm down. I don’t think that this TN team is ass. Simple as that.

Calm down. I don’t think that this TN team is ass. Simple as that.

You’re saying things that no one said. No one implied this team to be “ass”. People are just disappointed that a supposedly great Tennessee team keeps struggling to string together quality performances.

They need more than 2 wins. They also beat TxAM. They have a lot of talent on their roster.

You said they are "trending" to being an NCAAT, and it is a fact that the main reason they are is they have beaten us twice. We are 2 of their best wins and had they not beaten us both times they likely are NOT trending as an NCAAT team.

You try to so hard to defend Barnes you can't even keep up with your own line of thinking in constructing an apologetic.

You’re saying things that no one said. No one implied this team to be “ass”. People are just disappointed that a supposedly great Tennessee team keeps struggling to string together quality performances.

That's why I said you're wasting your time, because he constantly repsonds to arguments no one is actually making. He rarely actually responds to what you present him with when it's not 100% positive towards Barnes.

You said they are "trending" to being an NCAAT, and it is a fact that the main reason they are is they have beaten us twice. We are 2 of their best wins and had they not beaten us both times they likely are NOT trending as an NCAAT team.

You try to so hard to defend Barnes you can't even keep up with your own line of thinking in constructing an apologetic.
Kentucky wouldn't even be thought of as a bubble team if not for their wins over us. A&M alone would do nothing for them

Reactions: berryvol
Don't you regularly complain about trolls posting negative crap with nonsensical rhetoric? How is that any different than what you're doing?

Exactly, he constantly responds with rubbish that wasn't even being said in an attempt to get you frustrated. So basically he's like a positivity troll.

They want me to. And yes, they absolutely are IMPLYING that this team is ass.

Who is saying that this is a “great TN team”? They aren’t rolling through the hardest stretch. There’s a lot of season left and an NCAAT spot is all but licked down.

I guess TGO has officially joined the “regular season doesn’t matter” crowd since there is no performance worthy of getting disappointed in.

Lol yes, this is another thing that is really annoying me lately. The moving goalposts of the regular season and its worth, and the response is a very troll like "I thought the regular season doesn't matter!!!" We're about 3 posts away from "WHO YOU GONNA GET??" when no one has remotely suggested getting rid of Barnes in any way.

Reactions: VOLnVANDYland

VN Store

Back