The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Kentucky is going to be desperate on Saturday, but I don't think for one second that our boys have forgotten about the game in Knoxville. It’s going to be a dog fight.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
Random thought: I went back and looked today and we have been favored in all but one game this season (@ Arizona). We will almost certainly be favored in every game the rest of the way. Can anyone remember a season where we were the odds on favorites to win all but one game? I sure can’t. Will be interesting to see how this continues onto neutral courts in the SEC and NCAA tourneys.

Random thought: I went back and looked today and we have been favored in all but one game this season (@ Arizona). We will almost certainly be favored in every game the rest of the way. Can anyone remember a season where we were the odds on favorites to win all but one game? I sure can’t. Will be interesting to see how this continues onto neutral courts in the SEC and NCAA tourneys.
Surprised we were favorites over Kansas with Josiah out

Kentucky is now ahead of us in the SEC standings. Just disappointing more than anything

We can talk about whether losses or bad or good or whatever; bottom line for me is getting swept by this UK team is pathetic. I'm really, really not happy right now, I hate losing to UK in basketball about as much as UT losing to anyone in any sport.

Just a really disappointing effort today.

Reactions: berryvol
Also, sorry not sorry, I'm going to be honest. As pathetic and annoying the Barnes bashers are, I have to say the ones that bend over backwards to avoid criticizing anything this team does are getting about as annoying.

It's ok to say the team sucked azz and didn't play well and not turn it into a "WHO YOU GONNA GET?" discussion. It's ok to say how the team came out today, even with 2 players out, was unacceptable. It's ok to say the FT shooting was beyond pathetic.

Also, sorry not sorry, I'm going to be honest. As pathetic and annoying the Barnes bashers are, I have to say the ones that bend over backwards to avoid criticizing anything this team does are getting about as annoying.

It's ok to say the team sucked azz and didn't play well and not turn it into a "WHO YOU GONNA GET?" discussion. It's ok to say how the team came out today, even with 2 players out, was unacceptable. It's ok to say the FT shooting was beyond pathetic.

Bad coaches let their teams down 20 at the half lose by 40. This team cut it to single digits.

Incredibly disappointing performance. 2-4 in last 6 games now. Whether or not we’re down 2 starters or not, we should be better than 2-4 in the last 6 games. I’m sure people will just call me negative, but I’m not sure how I can be positive and confident in this team right now when they have looked absolutely putrid on offense for basically two months outside of the Texas and Missouri games.

I want so badly to see this team succeed, but heading to College Station on Tuesday likely down two starters again has the feeling of the spiral continuing.

Bad coaches let their teams down 20 at the half lose by 40. This team cut it to single digits.

ROFL.....this is exactly what I'm talking about. You're seriously trying to pump that we did better in the second half and got it as close as *checks notes....8.

If this were another team, you'd be laughing your ass off at how they were trying to spin a bad performance.

Where were all the critics Saturday night? It’s f’ng Rupp Arena, KY has great players, and they have a path to the NCAAT. Nobody with common sense expected TN to get an easy win in Lexington today.

Who said anything about an easy W? What about expecting the team to not only score 19 points in the first half and be down 20 at the half? Who was expecting that either?

Where were all the critics Saturday night? It’s f’ng Rupp Arena, KY has great players, and they have a path to the NCAAT. Nobody with common sense expected TN to get an easy win in Lexington today.

I don’t see anyone saying anything about an easy win. At least no one reasonable. I would say it’s fair to expect the team to not go 4/14 from the free throw line and be down by 20 at halftime. I don’t understand why every single loss has to be explained away as just some fluke. Concern is warranted.

I don’t see anyone saying anything about an easy win. At least no one reasonable. I would say it’s fair to expect the team to not go 4/14 from the free throw line and be down by 20 at halftime. I don’t understand why every single loss has to be explained away as just some fluke. Concern is warranted.
This has been my biggest issues with the who ya gonna get crowd this year. Every loss like this, its always a fluke, Col, UF, UK, UK, etc...... Its just who this team is and its frustrating.

This has been my biggest issues with the who ya gonna get crowd this year. Every loss like this, its always a fluke, Col, UF, UK, UK, etc...... Its just who this team is and its frustrating.

If someone calls today a fluke, I might just punch a wall. We already had the "fluke" game against UK the first game, you can't use that excuse a second time.

And yes, I went in knowing a W in Rupp is always a tough thing, but I never thought we'd come out THAT terribly and I had hoped that after the flat performance the first game, the win over Alabama, AND the fact that this the worst UK team in years that maybe we'd come out strong and take a W. But no, out of the gate we s*** the bed and we s*** it so badly a comeback was a very, very tall ask.

If someone calls today a fluke, I might just punch a wall. We already had the "fluke" game against UK the first game, you can't use that excuse a second time.

And yes, I went in knowing a W in Rupp is always a tough thing, but I never thought we'd come out THAT terribly and I had hoped that after the flat performance the first game, the win over Alabama, AND the fact that this the worst UK team in years that maybe we'd come out strong and take a W. But no, out of the gate we s*** the bed and we s*** it so badly a comeback was a very, very tall ask.
Exactly, its not that we lost today, its how poor the first half was. Im not sure JJJ or JP wouldve helped much.

VN Store

Back