The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Making the S16 without ZZ given this team's struggles on offense was a great achievement. Losing the way we did to FAU was very frustrating and emblematic of this team's affinity to be inconsistent.

CRB and his staff deserve praise for beating Duke to get us into the S16 but, man, they were abysmal against FAU. CRB has to better in that game with that E8 opportunity - period.

Our seniors had to be better - period. I have rooted hard for this team and they came close to making UT history as only the 2nd team to make an E8 despite the adversity they faced but they could not deliver against a good and very dangerous team.

Yeah something about JJJ and ON I've noticed throughout their careers, once that spotlight is swung to them they never seem to handle it well.

Last year you had ZZ, KC, and Santi that were able to basically anchor the scoring. Cause even though JJJ got hot down the stretch he still had a few nights where he failed to score 15. I am hopeful next year's youth infusion (and talent) will blend well with the returning experience. You don't need a 20 a night guy necessarily, but having 2 or 3 guys that you know are going to drop at least a dozen and can push past that on good nights is big. This year it felt like Santi was the only one we typically could count on for that even before ZZ got hurt he wasn't consistent in scoring.

I’ve been to a lot of games during my career as a Tennessee fan, and I’ve got to say that FAU fan base was the ugliest I’ve ever encountered. When they got close on the scoreboard in the 2nd half they became a brutal bunch. I never say anything negative directly to another team’s fans, but these people literally harassed Tennessee fans to a point like I’ve never seen. Followed us 10 blocks into Times Square after the game and continued their verbal assault. No provocation or words back to them on our part whatsoever.

I’ve been to a lot of games during my career as a Tennessee fan, and I’ve got to say that FAU fan base was the ugliest I’ve ever encountered. When they got close on the scoreboard in the 2nd half they became a brutal bunch. I never say anything negative directly to another team’s fans, but these people literally harassed Tennessee fans to a point like I’ve never seen. Followed us 10 blocks into Times Square after the game and continued their verbal assault. No provocation or words back to them on our part whatsoever.

Florida sucks

Sorry you had to deal with that man. That’s just totally uncalled for by those fans. Sports really can bring the ugly side out of people. Like you, I will be rooting for them to lose this weekend. Hope you had a safe trip back home!

Reactions: Volprofch05
Sorry you had to deal with that man. That’s just totally uncalled for by those fans. Sports really can bring the ugly side out of people. Like you, I will be rooting for them to lose this weekend. Hope you had a safe trip back home!
Thanks, man. Appreciate that. Made it into Knoxville at 1am last night after flying into some really bad storms around Atlanta. The week was great otherwise, but glad to get back home.

Thoughts ive had in the last couple days, but I think this off season the B12 will be an interesting follow.
Is Self healthy enough to come back, and if so does he make it through a whole season? How does Terry build the roster at Texas? Can K State follow up on their excellent season or were they a flash in the pan? Where will TCU land?
I can easily see it going from arguably the best conference in cbb this past season to the worst P5 next.

Man the portal is getting packed with talent.

Primo Spears from Georgetown might be my new favorite PG target. His turnovers were a tad high, but that's my biggest complaint. His 2P% and the amount of 2PA is promising, I like that he obviously can drive to the rim. 3P% is a bit low, but honestly on a better team with cleaner looks that 30% could easily be 35%.

6'3" and this past season he played and started all 32 games and scored 16.0 ppg while adding 5.3 apg and 3.0 rpg.

Basilio reporting that Tennessee is expecting BJ Edwards to enter the portal, and that he's surprised it hasn't already happened. Grain of salt.

Reactions: berryvol
Basilio reporting that Tennessee is expecting BJ Edwards to enter the portal, and that he's surprised it hasn't already happened. Grain of salt.

I’d almost want BJE to fail wherever he lands just so I don’t have to hear Philly whine about him every time I listen. But SoKno Phil would just whine that Barnes didn’t develop him so… good luck to BJE. UNC-A would be a cool spot to see 2 Knoxville kids playing together for a year.

Not a surprise. Figured either he and/or DJ would pull the trigger. That would be a third and 4th spot opening if my math is correct. If Phillips bolts, that's 5. Barnes is probably feeling a little nauseous at the thought of needing to bring in this many from the portal.

That’s interesting considering VQ has an article/interview with BJ about next year lol

Could be that when BJE was interviewed the staff hadn’t told him to leave yet. But I’d go with VQ every day and twice on Sunday to get the info correct instead of Basilio. They would probably have the inside story right and wouldn’t be interviewing him as if he’s returning if that wasn’t going to happen.

When did VQ interview BJE?

I mean, hasn’t Basilio been saying this all year? Sounds a lot more like he is trying to wish it into existence than actual intel. I find it hard to believe that if BJE was planning to enter the portal, something VQ writers would know as well if there was truth to it, that VQ would publish an article TODAY about BJE’s hopes for next season.

Could be that when BJE was interviewed the staff hadn’t told him to leave yet. But I’d go with VQ every day and twice on Sunday to get the info correct instead of Basilio. They would probably have the inside story right and wouldn’t be interviewing him as if he’s returning if that wasn’t going to happen.

When did VQ interview BJE?
I think a couple days ago, was published today though I believe…obviously anything can happen, not saying Basilio is wrong more just laughing at the timing of it.

Yeah, I thought that was an interesting comment. I don't know how much pull Maze has with Edwards; I just don't especially want to lose a PG.

VN Store

Back