The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Yeah, I thought that was an interesting comment. I don't know how much pull Maze has with Edwards; I just don't especially want to lose a PG.
If BJE stays, I'm not sure he has much of a future at PG. So if his heart is set on that position, the transfer rumors may be based on that preference.

Reactions: berryvol
I mean, hasn’t Basilio been saying this all year? Sounds a lot more like he is trying to wish it into existence than actual intel. I find it hard to believe that if BJE was planning to enter the portal, something VQ writers would know as well if there was truth to it, that VQ would publish an article TODAY about BJE’s hopes for next season.
Not really. More like he's just allowed the speculation and belief that it could happen to continually exist. Tony said Tennessee wants to hang on to BJE, so this would definitely not be a case of him being pushed out if you believe it.

He also said DJ Jefferson was on his way out (pushed out) back in the fall, but that he has made tremendous strides and that the staff wants to keep him, now. Still some talk that he may leave, as well, but of his own accord, now.

We'll see if any of it materializes. It's Basilio, so obviously it could all be hot air.

Not really. More like he's just allowed the speculation and belief that it could happen to continually exist. Tony said Tennessee wants to hang on to BJE, so this would definitely not be a case of him being pushed out if you believe it.

He also said DJ Jefferson was on his way out (pushed out) back in the fall, but that he has made tremendous strides and that the staff wants to keep him, now. Still some talk that he may leave, as well, but of his own accord, now.

We'll see if any of it materializes. It's Basilio, so obviously it could all be hot air.
DJ Jefferson claims he wants to be a Vol. Obviously, we know nothing of his situation, but if he leaves, it’s not because he personally chose to just do so.

Reactions: Lankykong
Grant Ramey’s response to my question about BJE and Basilio rumor.

I don't think anything has been decided about his future at this point.

The portal is a possibility for every player on every roster in the country. It's easier to transfer than it has ever been and players have options. So it's definitely an option BJ Edwards will look at, I would imagine, but no, I don't know that anything has been decided.

Me writing something on BJ has nothing to do with any of that, regardless. I talked to him in the locker room after the Florida Atlantic loss on Thursday. Wanted to get his thoughts on his freshman season and what he felt he needed to work on moving forward.

he honestly shouldn’t leave, all he has to do is work this off season. minutes are wide open this year at the guard position.

I’d almost want BJE to fail wherever he lands just so I don’t have to hear Philly whine about him every time I listen. But SoKno Phil would just whine that Barnes didn’t develop him so… good luck to BJE. UNC-A would be a cool spot to see 2 Knoxville kids playing together for a year.
I hope he follows English to Providence

So, the staff took a commitment from a dude they didnt really like? That doesnt seem smart.

Reactions: The Dog
So, the staff took a commitment from a dude they didnt really like? That doesnt seem smart.
Well, if you remember, his recruitment was very much last minute after his decommitment from Tulsa (I think it was?). We got in at the very end, so it could be argued there wasn't a super-strong relationship. However, I think it was a situation where he had trouble accepting his role and the idea he wasn't going to be an immediate contributor, which isn't all that uncommon, I'd say. Over time, he seemed to embrace his role and showed commitment to getting better on the defensive end and the staff decided he was worth keeping around.

If he's not going to be playing PG, I don't see the value he brings at this time.
He's not a PG, though. He could be a very good combo/SG, however. He has a good shot, and can get to the paint. He just isn't really quick enough nor does he handle the ball well enough to be an SEC PG. He'd have trouble defending a lot of opposing PGs, as well. He brings value, just not really at the lead guard position.

Well, if you remember, his recruitment was very much last minute after his decommitment from Tulsa (I think it was?). We got in at the very end, so it could be argued there wasn't a super-strong relationship. However, I think it was a situation where he had trouble accepting his role and the idea he wasn't going to be an immediate contributor, which isn't all that uncommon, I'd say. Over time, he seemed to embrace his role and showed commitment to getting better on the defensive end and the staff decided he was worth keeping around.
Means practically nothing but he always seemed really engaged on the bench.

Tony is full of a lot of hot air, but at the same time, I think hes close enough or at least gets enough right that you cant totally dismiss things he says.

I like TB show but he can go overboard. He actually has good BBall sources or it could just be 1 source. Regardless I hope Edwards stays

East beats west 109-106 in McDonald’s All American Game. Isaiah Collier (USC signee) misses 2 key late FTs that could’ve given the west a late lead. Bronny hit 5 threes. DJ Wagner is MVP.

East beats west 109-106 in McDonald’s All American Game. Isaiah Collier (USC signee) misses 2 key late FTs that could’ve given the west a late lead. Bronny hit 5 threes. DJ Wagner is MVP.

Bronny hitting 5 threes is probably the worst thing that could happen. Can’t wait to see all of the think pieces written be the media about how Bronny is the next Michael Jordan.

Reactions: Volprofch05

VN Store

Back