The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Kentucky’s SOS on KenPom isn’t good, and they don’t have a road/neutral win. We have a true road win and two neutral wins. In fact, Kentucky hasn’t even played a true road game yet. Cal doesn’t help his team by scheduling like that.
Didn't they win a nuetral game yesterday?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Fahr Barnes - hasn’t won the tournament yet!

Really hard to believe how some of our so called fans remain so dissatisfied with him?
Pretty amazing what he has done here. On top of that, our guys have been such good citizens and ambassadors of the university. We are very fortunate.

Really hard to believe how some of our so called fans remain so dissatisfied with him?
It's tough to know if our fanbase is more dissatisfied with Barnes or Heupel high school/portal recruiting right now.

For all his NCAA tournament struggles, Barnes is without a doubt one of the best three basketball coaches we’ve ever had. It has been fun having a basketball program that practically lives inside the top 20 rankings week after week, season after season.

Replacing him with as good of a coach, let alone an even better coach, will be difficult contrary to what the Barnes bashers believe.

Creed rules

tumblr_pkubcgvbEF1y1s64ro4_r1_540.gif

Either the NET shouldn’t be released till January…..or the formula is very flawed if this gets you #6 in the rankings.

That is one where based on the data now, the committee would push them down because of a lack of SOS and quality wins.

The NET was supposed to tweak the RPI, and I believe I see that Iowa State is 131 in the RPI, which is a huge difference. They have beaten all of their inferior opponents by a huge margin, but that was taken out odf the formula a few years ago. It is certainly an odd ranking, but it will even out some when they play their conference.

complaining about the NET rankings in December is foolish, we can say they shouldn’t be released and that would be fine, but it is what it is.

It’s just odd to me. I’m not upset. It’s December. But even with a small to medium sample size, a formula that would weight 7 sub-Top 200 wins as #6 would indicate a possible flaw in the formula since we’re basically 1/3 of the way through the season already.

It’s just odd to me. I’m not upset. It’s December. But even with a small to medium sample size, a formula that would weight 7 sub-Top 200 wins as #6 would indicate a possible flaw in the formula since we’re basically 1/3 of the way through the season already.
Sample size is small which skews things a bit…you don’t see a LM with a schedule of solely sub 200 games in the Top 10 of NET as seasons end.

VN Store

Back