The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Here’s the other thing…KenPom has Iowa State at #13 and Barttorvik has them at #14, are both of those systems also just as flawed then?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t NET exclusively based on results from this season, while KenPom starts off the season with some of last year’s results and roster strength baked in as a baseline? So, if you’re not losing games it’s unlikely you’re going to fall in KenPom that far even if you beat weak opponents. Maybe I just have a misunderstanding of what the NET calculates though.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t NET exclusively based on results from this season, while KenPom starts off the season with some of last year’s results and roster strength baked in as a baseline? So, if you’re not losing games it’s unlikely you’re going to fall in KenPom that far even if you beat weak opponents. Maybe I just have a misunderstanding of what the NET calculates though.

The NET also includes some efficiency numbers into its formula. So, that’s probably why they are higher as well. Since KenPom and Bartovick are based on metrics, I guess it’s not that surprising. Their two losses are neutral, and they have a road win that helps a little.

At preseason and early on, with each game the carry over impact is less and less and by mid December it’s usually nearly gone.

I’m going to make a bold prediction that we finish 13-5 in conference play this year and end the season with a 23-8 record overall. Then I think we end up with a 2 or 3 seed.

I only got to watch sparingly on my phone tonight, but hardly saw Knecht out there. Checking the box score, looks like he played the fewest minutes of the starting wings/guards, by far, and see it appears he was once again struggling to get going on offense. Any of y'all have any more insight to how game tonight/body language/interactions with Barnes or his teammates that I missed?

I only got to watch sparingly on my phone tonight, but hardly saw Knecht out there. Checking the box score, looks like he played the fewest minutes of the starting wings/guards, by far, and see it appears he was once again struggling to get going on offense. Any of y'all have any more insight to how game tonight/body language/interactions with Barnes or his teammates that I missed?
It was said postgame he’s still not 100% from the ankle and this break comes at a good time for him. I also think as more tape has gotten out on him trans have a better gameplan, they were very physical with hun and he didn’t handle that super well, which has been a recent scouting thing.

It was said postgame he’s still not 100% from the ankle and this break comes at a good time for him. I also think as more tape has gotten out on him trans have a better gameplan, they were very physical with hun and he didn’t handle that super well, which has been a recent scouting thing.
Yeah teams have definitely been forcing him into dribbling a lot/right into the middle of the defense a lot lately. He’s gonna have to make an adjustment to that rather quickly to survive conference play. Good to hear that some of it is due to the ankle though, fully confident he can make the adjustments needed, especially once he (hopefully) gets back to 100% post Xmas break.

He made one truly spectacular move to the basket and hit one off the glass that had the most amazing spin you could have imagined. He just has the “it” factor. He still appeared really frustrated, at least to me. He and the staff will get this figured out, and the rest will help the ankle, too.

VN Store

Back