The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I noticed Alabama did the “One Fly We All Fly” dunk in their warm-up routine. Does anyone know if they do this every game or was it just making fun of Tennessee in a gesture of bad sportsmanship?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I noticed Alabama did the “One Fly We All Fly” dunk in their warm-up routine. Does anyone know if they do this every game or was it just making fun of Tennessee in a gesture of bad sportsmanship?

Seem to recall they did it last year as well. Think they only do it against us

Yeah, if they only do it against Tennessee it’s a bit of a cheap shot.
It's just taunting. When they did it last year in Knoxville it was funny because their ball got hung up and the crowd loved it. Then they did a do-over and succeeded and were roundly booed, so they put their hands to their ears like the crowd needed to get louder. Perhaps they regretted that 😂. After the win we had players imitating some lame bird pose Bama did, as if in retaliation for Bama's pre-game taunting. Fun and games.

As to whether some other teams are also imitating one of our signature pregame moves, I don't know. @berryvol may be right about that. It would be a clear case of imitation as flattery. But it seems clear to me that Bama does it as a taunt towards us. And then get their a--es handed to them. I'm good with that combination. I enjoyed hearing "Dixieland Delight" after the game. ;)

22 to 3 in favor of Gainey…
He had a fantastic game. I am ecstatic for him and you! Who serves up your favorite cup of Joe. I'll need to demonstrate my honor and integrity. You earned it. I am not the least disappointed to lose, you bested me fair and square today!

Can't wait to see your write up. Be sure to mention you bested me!

It's just taunting. When they did it last year in Knoxville it was funny because their ball got hung up and the crowd loved it. Then they did a do-over and succeeded and were roundly booed, so they put their hands to their ears like the crowd needed to get louder. Perhaps they regretted that 😂. After the win we had players imitating some lame bird pose Bama did, as if in retaliation for Bama's pre-game taunting. Fun and games.

As to whether some other teams are also imitating one of our signature pregame moves, I don't know. @berryvol may be right about that. It would be a clear case of imitation as flattery. But it seems clear to me that Bama does it as a taunt towards us. And then get their a--es handed to them. I'm good with that combination. I enjoyed hearing "Dixieland Delight" after the game. ;)

He's right. Multiple teams do this now. It's a cool thing to do for the crowd, I'm glad others have picked up on it.

Figured he wasn't likely wrong. Thanks.

Do they do it "for the crowd" on the road?

I'd hope so. Fans travel. But even if they don't do it for the fans, it's a good thing to hype up your team.

Idk, I'm not on the team. I can't give their reasoning for doing it. I'm just assuming.

Haha! Brings back good memories of our guys mimicking the ‘crimson crane’

2A0E406E-9FB4-4511-860F-37B65EC51752.jpeg

Yes, you said that perfectly.

VN Store

Back