The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Losing to South Carolina at home is what makes this loss hurt worse than it needed to. South Carolina is still worse than A&M in basically every metric. Losing that home game was just a killer to 1-seed hopes and SEC title hopes.

I know there is still a lot of ball left to be played, but I didn’t think we’d be 7-3 in conference and 4th place at this point in the season. Need to figure things out this week and get on a winning streak.
I think you have said this in 3 other threads almost a broken record at this point…

Sorry to offend you didn’t know you don’t like being called out over spamming
Dude, Mookie is one of the regulars and brings good content to the board. This is the first time I’ve seen your handle here.

Listen, the truth is we need other guys to step up but I’m not ready to freak out. Last night we ran into a team who could’ve been playing for their tournament lives depending on how the rest of the season plays out. We’re still right there as one of the better 2 seeds. Regroup, win these next couple to get the confidence back and we will be fine. I think we finish 7-2 and I will take that all day.

Dude, Mookie is one of the regulars and brings good content to the board. This is the first time I’ve seen your handle here.

Listen, the truth is we need other guys to step up but I’m not ready to freak out. Last night we ran into a team who could’ve been playing for their tournament lives depending on how the rest of the season plays out. We’re still right there as one of the better 2 seeds. Regroup, win these next couple to get the confidence back and we will be fine. I think we finish 7-2 and I will take that all day.

Maybe I’m being too negative after the loss, but I haven’t said the season is over or anything like that. I even said I think 7-2 is the likely outcome, which would get us a 2-seed. The disappointment stems from feeling like we have squandered some opportunities to position ourselves for our first ever 1-seed.

Reactions: CornbreadVol

Nobody is dissing anyone or telling ppl to stop posting here, just calling out spamming.

Not that it mattered in a 16 point beat down, but what was up with the goal tending review?

TXAM called for a goal tend. TN is awarded 2 points.

AM gets the ball out of bounds.

Over the halftime break, the play is reviewed and the goal tending call is reversed and TN’s 2 points are taken away.

Didn’t TN get screwed out of a possession?

Maybe they got the ball to start the 2nd half, but didn’t they then lose the possession arrow?

Pat Adams games have been very odd.
I like your post on this still trying to figure this one out, this to me is good discussion!

Anybody understand how they are able to overturn a call after the fact and not during it in which we essentially lost a possession because (A&M didn’t have clear possession after the “block”) this still doesn’t compute with me?

Not the reason we lost but would like to understand the rules here…

I like your post on this still trying to figure this one out, this to me is good discussion!

Anybody understand how they are able to overturn a call after the fact and not during it in which we essentially lost a possession because (A&M didn’t have clear possession after the “block”) this still doesn’t compute with me?

Not the reason we lost but would like to understand the rules here…

With all of the missed calls during a game, I don’t get why they pick these to retro-actively reverse.

Kind of a big buzz kill to come out and start the 2nd half another 2 points deeper in the hole without even starting play.

With all of the missed calls during a game, I don’t get why they pick these to retro-actively reverse.

Kind of a big buzz kill to come out and start the 2nd half another 2 points deeper in the hole without even starting play.

This article doesn’t really answer our question because I seem to remember a media timeout just after that play where they could have reviewed it prior to halftime?

Maybe I’m being too negative after the loss, but I haven’t said the season is over or anything like that. I even said I think 7-2 is the likely outcome, which would get us a 2-seed. The disappointment stems from feeling like we have squandered some opportunities to position ourselves for our first ever 1-seed.
Someone can be too negative? Surely not.

All kidding aside, you bring up a point that I've not given enough consideration to. I've been spamming about the return of Vescovi and JJJ wondering if we'd be better off playing the youngsters by this point in the season. It's not every day that a player like Knecht is on the roster. Might be routine stuff at UK and the other blue bloods, but it's not that often UT gets a talent like that. I can see where Barnes would want to surround him with guys who give us the best chance of taking full advantage of his one year wearing orange. With that in mind, I have to admit that having young players who lack experience and physical maturity wouldn't be ideal especially in this league. How our older players took the 5 stars at UK to the woodshed earlier this year is evidence that it's a tough ask of most underclassmen. Rolling with JJJ and Vescovi does,indeed, give us the best chance of taking full advantage of Knecht's brief time at UT. Still gonna spam the crap outta Barnes not playing the youngsters a lot more early in the year tho.

Reactions: CornbreadVol
So the plan is to spam every thread with the same negative ish…cool we’re lucky to have you

Congrats on being able to read…
How is it negative? It’s just factual. We shouldn’t have lost to South Carolina but we did, we shouldn’t have lost to aTm but we did, and it’d be great to get on a winning streak to finish off the reg season.

I just hate we’ve lost 3 in SEC play and all were unranked when we played them.

I thought after seeing how we played at Rupp we had figured things out. Are we really just not good in low possession physical games now? It’s all we did last year.
It’s exposed the recipe to beat us. We have no answer for teams that slow the tempo of the game down and beat us on the low block.

VN Store

Back