The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

CRB’s 9 NCAAT wins has passed Pearl.

60% NCAAT winning percentage is 2nd to only Cuonzo (3-1, 75%)

6 NCAAT appearances has pulled even with Devoe and Pearl for the most. #7 in 2025 would put him alone at the top.

Pearl went to 6 consecutive NCAATs. Barnes has matched that with no 2020 tournament due to COVID. It’s still 4 consecutive for those in the LOTM that whine about 2020 being cancelled. Green went to 4 consecutive NCAATs and Devoe went to 5 (with a smaller field a year or more).

“Regular Season Rick”. Idiots.
Pretty hilarious CM is number one by percentage. That’s true even if you didn’t count the play in game. Example #363627 of the randomness of the tourney, especially in small samples

Quite possibly one of the worst calls I have ever seen just now in the Women’s Final Four Iowa/UConn game. Embarrassing. 3.9 seconds left and officials blow their whistle on an extremely questionable call. Officiating continues to be terrible across all of college sports.

Queue the “rigged for ratings” debate.

Quite possibly one of the worst calls I have ever seen just now in the Women’s Final Four Iowa/UConn game. Embarrassing. 3.9 seconds left and officials blow their whistle on an extremely questionable call. Officiating continues to be terrible across all of college sports.

That was a textbook moving screen, especially when seen from the sideline broadcast angle. But I still hate that they made it in that spot. Robbed us of a great ending.

It was a great call. It kept Geno out of the final game.

That was a textbook moving screen, especially when seen from the sideline broadcast angle. But I still hate that they made it in that spot. Robbed us of a great ending.

I don’t know. It’s a 50/50 call that you could probably rewind the complete game tape and see a few similar occurrences left without a foul called. To make that call with 3.9 seconds left feels weak. And, yes, I know someone will quote this and say “if it’s a foul in minute 1 it should be a foul in minute 40” but I’m not sure I think that was egregious enough to actually be called.

Seems like it’s going to be Tang for Arkansas. Reports coming out that Beard turned them down and will stay at Ole Miss.

That’s going to disappoint many of their fans but I really don’t think it’s a bad hire. He won over K-State fans pretty quickly.
Looks like Tang is staying at Kansas State.

Reactions: berryvol
Someone on twitter reported Wade would be interviewed by Arkansas now. If you don’t get him, truly no idea where they turn.

Someone on twitter reported Wade would be interviewed by Arkansas now. If you don’t get him, truly no idea where they turn.
Saw another report that he was an absolute no go because of the show cause and his recruiting restrictions. If he is hired he'll be the first P6 hire that had an active show cause since the NCAA started giving them out.

Saw another report that he was an absolute no go because of the show cause and his recruiting restrictions. If he is hired he'll be the first P6 hire that had an active show cause since the NCAA started giving them out.
Would be a risk if the NCAA ever gets their ish together. Not banking on that though, I’d hire him if I’m Arky.

Reactions: VolArmy74
Would be a risk if the NCAA ever gets their ish together. Not banking on that though, I’d hire him if I’m Arky.
He can't recruit off campus for two more seasons. That's a heavy burden. He's a notorious liar so his statement about not interviewing likely as not means he is.

Reactions: berryvol
Let this be a reminder to folks who for years have said just move on from Barnes and go get “X”, back up the brinks truck etc, Tennessee is better than his current job, no doubt he’ll come here. Arkansas is seen by most as a Top 3 SEC job, arguably a better than Tennessee job.

They didn’t have to pay a buyout to Muss, in fact they got money for his departure so they should be sitting in a great financial spot. Yet here they are having trouble and quickly moving down their list to 4th-5th type options and into the mid major realms.

Let this be a reminder to folks who for years have said just move on from Barnes and go get “X”, back up the brinks truck etc, Tennessee is better than his current job, no doubt he’ll come here. Arkansas is seen by most as a Top 3 SEC job, arguably a better than Tennessee job.

They didn’t have to pay a buyout to Muss, in fact they got money for his departure so they should be sitting in a great financial spot. Yet here they are having trouble and quickly moving down their list to 4th-5th type options and into the mid major realms.

Sounds like they’ll end up hiring Jerry Green.

Arkansas is objectively a better job. That’ll probably catch heat in here, but everyone outside of this fan base believes it. As you said, this should be a major wake up call for anyone complaining about Barnes and looking forward to moving on.

To be fair I wouldn’t want to rebuild that whole roster anyways.

VN Store

Back