The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

UCF looks like they may have a pretty strong squad this year. Should be a fun team to watch tbh

Former 5 stars Dior Johnson and Mikey Williams there, along with Jordan Ivy-Curry.

They have their PG Johnson back who averaged 15ppg along with 2.2steals per game.

They have a Mashack type player at 2 coming back who averaged 7/3/2 and 1.8 steals per game.

Jaylin Sellers 16ppg with 1.1 steals and Keyshawn Hall, he averaged 16/8 at George Mason.

In the post, they have 5* 7’2 Thiam and 6’10 transfer that averaged 6/6.

This has to be wildly out of the norm for the 55th pick in the draft, right? I mean wow. And 3 years guaranteed? Nepotism at its finest.

JJ Redick is in a no win situation. Lebron will want his kid on the court, and will be the one calling the shots, but talent wise, Bronny is g-league at best. Knecht needs to get out of that s-show.

The way the Bronny saga has played out at least partly explains why a guy like Dan Hurley opted not to take the Lakers job. A big time coach doesn’t step into a situation like that. I believe at some point Hurley will take the leap to the NBA, but he’s too good of a coach, too stubborn, and has too much self respect allow himself to be forced into draft a guy as undeserving as Bronny and probably be forced to play him to some extent.

This has to be wildly out of the norm for the 55th pick in the draft, right? I mean wow. And 3 years guaranteed? Nepotism at its finest.

I don’t consider his salary to be an issue. It’s a package deal for the James family.

I do take issue with them stealing an opportunity from some legitimate player.

I don’t consider his salary to be an issue. It’s a package deal for the James family.

I do take issue with them stealing an opportunity from some legitimate player.
Whoever sits at the end of the bench isn’t getting that much of an opportunity no matter what. Now if he actually plays that’s a different story.

Whoever sits at the end of the bench isn’t getting that much of an opportunity no matter what. Now if he actually plays that’s a different story.

There are 450 roster spots. Player #451 doesn’t get the $1.1 million that #450 gets.

The Lakers #16 is getting bumped down or the 3rd 2-way player is being cut to make room for Junior.

There are 450 roster spots. Player #451 doesn’t get the $1.1 million that #450 gets.

The Lakers #16 is getting bumped down or the 3rd 2-way player is being cut to make room for Junior.
Yeah it’s kinda a raw deal for whoever that is. But like has been previously discussed in this thread and others, it’s a good idea for the Lakers because keeping Lebron present and happy is more important to them than whoever sits there, it’s not at all uncommon or new across the NBA or other industries, and it’s honestly just not that big a deal.

Is it a little icky? Yeah. But is it worth talking about much less getting upset over? Absolutely not. People are acting like this is some assault on America when this is just how America (and the rest of the world) has always worked for people with rich/famous daddies. It’s worth an eye roll and nothing more.

Yeah it’s kinda a raw deal for whoever that is. But like has been previously discussed in this thread and others, it’s a good idea for the Lakers because keeping Lebron present and happy is more important to them than whoever sits there, it’s not at all uncommon or new across the NBA or other industries, and it’s honestly just not that big a deal.

Is it a little icky? Yeah. But is it worth talking about much less getting upset over? Absolutely not. People are acting like this is some assault on America when this is just how America (and the rest of the world) has always worked for people with rich/famous daddies. It’s worth an eye roll and nothing more.

I’m not sure how saying I take issue with them stealing an opportunity from some legit player has been elevated to an “assault on America”.

I’m not sure how saying I take issue with them stealing an opportunity from some legit player has been elevated to an “assault on America”.
I’m lumping you in with every other person who has made the exact same comment over the last week.

You (and everyone else) taking issue with this particular instance of nepotism of all the instances of nepotism that actually effect more than one nameless person is what bugs me. Nepotism is unfair. Where were you all last week? How many presidential candidates who skated by on their family name (both parties) have you voted for in your life?

I’m lumping you in with every other person who has made the exact same comment over the last week.

You (and everyone else) taking issue with this particular instance of nepotism of all the instances of nepotism that actually effect more than one nameless person is what bugs me. Nepotism is unfair. Where were you all last week? How many presidential candidates who skated by on their family name (both parties) have you voted for in your life?

I think I was somewhere other than the Basketball Forum when posting about my political views.

I think I was somewhere other than the Basketball Forum when posting about my political views.
kinda tough to have an honest conversation about nepotism without mentioning how it applies to all our leaders 🤷‍♂️

But if you’re not really worried about it and would rather pretend that it’s unique to the lakers, go right ahead.

1720144995531.gif

VN Store

Back