The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Santi +/- was +17 yesterday without scoring a point, just shows how much impact he had on game with defense and not turning ball over.
Idk how much stock you can put into it in the summer league honestly. These teams aren’t trying to win for the most part, people are playing for roster spots. Also the Heat only scored 66 points total, someone on Golden State was +41, +17 was actually the third lowest for the Warriors.

I think he already looks bigger than McRae but I agree, he seems to be forgotten and he’s only a Sophomore.
Not sure about forgotten but definitely not getting the mention that Igor and Lanier are for being potential scoring threats. I really like his game. He has a large ceiling and is just fun to watch. imo

Love Santi but he is not making an NBA roster based on his defense and not turning the ball over...he's got to hit 3's
Patrick Beverley been in league for 8 or 9 years. 8.3 ppg. Teams keep him around for defense and Santi can shoot just as good clip from 3 as Beverley 37 percent.

Patrick Beverley been in league for 8 or 9 years. 8.3 ppg Teams keep him around for defense and Santi can shoot just as good clip from 3 as Beverley 37 percent.
Again, I love Santi and I am def rooting for him and I hope he makes the league but I seriously doubt Santi will be vying for NBA All-Defensive team honors. So, I stand by my original post, the real factor as to whether he makes a NBA roster is if he shoots north of 35% with a decent number of attempts per game which we seem to agree on.

Last edited:
Bama being 3rd in the SEC is surprising, even though it really is close in those rankings between them Auburn and Tennessee. I still think Bama will be the preseason pick to win the SEC.
It’s not surprising knowing how that team does in the regular season, is that team different from this year? Sure, but a Cinderella run in the tournament doesn’t change that

It’s not surprising knowing how that team does in the regular season, is that team different from this year? Sure, but a Cinderella run in the tournament doesn’t change that
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Bama has won the SEC twice in the last four years and finished tied for 2nd last year. Seems like they've done rather well in the regular season under Oats, and I don't think these rankings are compiled based on some predictive model of how a team will perform during a 6-gm stretch next March.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. Bama has won the SEC twice in the last four years and finished tied for 2nd last year. Seems like they've done rather well in the regular season under Oats, and I don't think these rankings are compiled based on some predictive model of how a team will perform during a 6-gm stretch next March.
“Tied for second last year” lost both times to us I making about the same point you are just differing opinions on them being the best team in the SEC. You can view them that way but I don’t…either respect it or don’t, don’t care

“Tied for second last year” lost both times to us I making about the same point you are just differing opinions on them being the best team in the SEC. You can view them that way but I don’t…either respect it or don’t, don’t care
I mean, you say that like finishing 2nd was an embarrassing finish, or that losing twice to Tennessee was somehow shameful. And then you predictably get combative like usual. And none of that has anything to do with how they'll finish this year. You'd do yourself some good to follow your own advice in your last sentence.

I mean, you say that like finishing 2nd was an embarrassing finish, or that losing twice to Tennessee was somehow shameful. And then you predictably get combative like usual. And none of that has anything to do with how they'll finish this year. You'd do yourself some good to follow your own advice in your last sentence.
Yet you bring up their success the past 4 years as if that is any different, it’s okay if not everyone views bama as the favorite in the SEC 😂

Yet you bring up their success the past 4 years as if that is any different, it’s okay if not everyone views bama as the favorite in the SEC 😂
I only provided some historical context
to your questioning their ability in the regular season, but YOU brought it up.

And yeah, it is OK if everyone doesn't view Bama as the favorite. I don't remember saying otherwise.

Bama being 3rd in the SEC is surprising, even though it really is close in those rankings between them Auburn and Tennessee. I still think Bama will be the preseason pick to win the SEC.
Agreed...I was also surprised to see us 5th out of the gate as I assumed most everyone would have us in that 12-15 spot.

I still think there's a good chance we fall in around that area in the human polls.

Yep. Don’t think human polls align with the computers all that often. It’s going to be hard for your average media personality to look at Alabama returning basically every major contributor from last year’s team and add a few good portal additions and not go with them as the safe pick to win the SEC.

I think people forget a lot of times that voters in the pre-season pick the teams with the most continuity (unless it’s Kentucky, who under Cal recruited insane).

VN Store

Back