The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

The downside to Cortez eating up some innings yesterday is that Aschenbeck is likely available tonight, and he was arguably more effective than Cortez was due to his command. Aschenbeck generated 7 Ks while recording 8 outs, walked 0, and we only managed 2 hits.
You were right about Aschenbeck then we score 3 on him. That’s baseball for ya - guy has a 1.49 ERA on the season and we get 3 in 3 innings.

Baseball is made to second guess coaching decisions and I was shocked Kirby didn’t start the 9th. Great season, hopefully Vitello will reload and have another good year in 2025!

Either that, or he doesn't know how baseball works and he's standing backwards in the right handers batters box. 😀
I can almost guarantee that Rick was a baseball star growing up in Hickory, NC. Even in my day, the 80's, if you were really good at any sport, you played every sport, baseball, basketball and football

I can almost guarantee that Rick was a baseball star growing up in Hickory, NC. Even in my day, the 80's, if you were really good at any sport, you played every sport, baseball, basketball and football
Exactly
Individuals played every sport in the 80's . My mother would run herself to death for me. She came to every basketball, baseball and football game every year .

Exactly
Individuals played every sport in the 80's . My mother would run herself to death for me. She came to every basketball, baseball and football game every year .

Baseball is a little different. People born with the right genes can be great basketball and football players. Baseball needs a lot more skill to be developed to hit that little ball, pitch it at the right speed and in the right spot, and turn those double plays. Strength and speed do come into play hitting the huge home runs and chasing down balls hit in the gaps though.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Baseball is a little different. People born with the right genes can be great basketball and football players. Baseball needs a lot more skill to be developed to hit that little ball, pitch it at the right speed and in the right spot, and turn those double plays. Strength and speed do come into play hitting the huge home runs and chasing down balls hit in the gaps though.
My family was avid Baseball fans, best day in my childhood was when my father taught me how to throw a curve ball at 10 years of age. I played all but baseball was my best sport .

We had these 4 clowns 10 years ago.

View attachment 653755

I get the intent, but personally I wouldn’t put Serrano in the “clown” category. I think he was the one hire that made a lot of sense when it was made and everyone was surprised it didn’t work out. Plus Serrano is a genuinely great human being. I hate that things were basically a dumpster fire around here during his tenure.

I get the intent, but personally I wouldn’t put Serrano in the “clown” category. I think he was the one hire that made a lot of sense when it was made and everyone was surprised it didn’t work out. Plus Serrano is a genuinely great human being. I hate that things were basically a dumpster fire around here during his tenure.

I agree. I thought he was a home run hire especially compared to the other hires (Dooley, Martin). I think he was just a miss.

For that I category I'd make an exception and put Todd Raleigh instead.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer

I was shocked he didn't work out here, tbh. He was so successful at Irvine and CSF.

Is it Serrano or Todd Raleigh? I agree that Serrrano wasn’t a clown. Raleigh was.

Reactions: The Dog
Is it Serrano or Todd Raleigh? I agree that Serrrano wasn’t a clown. Raleigh was.

Unless Todd and Serrano look exactly the same, the man in that photo is Serrano. He was the hire right before Vitello. And he was great at his previous stops. Even had a CWS appearance with two separate teams. It just didn’t work out.

Seeing him at the Omaha tailgate last night getting cheers was great to see. Cathartic. I’m sure this title means a lot to him.

Unless Todd and Serrano look exactly the same, the man in that photo is Serrano. He was the hire right before Vitello. And he was great at his previous stops. Even had a CWS appearance with two separate teams. It just didn’t work out.

Seeing him at the Omaha tailgate last night getting cheers was great to see. Cathartic. I’m sure this title means a lot to him.
Him and his son

Reactions: The Dog
I'm all for some offseason hopium but isnt this the second vols player to be lights out during KD drill based on report? Hopefully Igor and Lanier are that good but if we get reports Gainey also conquered the KD drill I might start being a little suspicious.
I know it’s been circulated the Lanier is only the 2nd player to complete the drill, but this is just not true. Several players have completed the drill under Barnes at UT. One post on TOS and now everyone believes it…

He's right handed I believe. Or at least that's how he shoots the basketball.

A lot of right handed dominate players learn to hit as a lefty though.
I'm right handed & could only hit left handed, pure swing. If I try hitting w my dominant hand, right, I was much much worse.

VN Store

Back