The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

First summer league game I’ve watched. Knecht has done some good, some bad. It’s just hard to put too much into these games. You can get an idea of a guy’s skill and athleticism, but the lack of team chemistry and the desire that each guy has to prove themselves makes it hard to put too much into turnovers and bad defensive rotations / communication.

This is silly. I’m a sunshine pumper, but even I can’t wrap my mind around this.
Would guess there’s probably single digit guys in college who are 6’5” or less with a 7’1” wingspan, that alone has folks drooling. As you know NBA is all about potential, and he’s a young sophomore, so you can see the thought process. With that said obviously they’re banking on him being a factor for the Vols, not a guy who appears in just half the games for spot minutes, but these projections this far out obviously are just a crap shoot.

Would guess there’s probably single digit guys in college who are 6’5” or less with a 7’1” wingspan, that alone has folks drooling. As you know NBA is all about potential, and he’s a young sophomore, so you can see the thought process. With that said obviously they’re banking on him being a factor for the Vols, not a guy who appears in just half the games for spot minutes, but these projections this far out obviously are just a crap shoot.

Would guess he'd need to 20 minute per game guy and ~7-8 points per game for teams to see that physical potential in real time game action.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
If you paid attention to this years draft you'd all realize Carr could "opt out" and still have a very good shot to be drafted in the first round if not higher. The NBA drafts how they draft regardless of college success.

Cody Williams from Colorado played 28 mpg, appeared in 24 games and was drafted in the lottery at 10 with 12 ppg, 3 rpg. But he's 6'8" and was a freshman.

Kyshawn George played 23 mpg in 31 games and was drafted 24th with 7.6 ppg, 3 rpg. But a freshman at 6'8".

It's too early to make mocks but if Carr is the DK fill in (which is likely what scouts are assuming he'll become) then he would absolutely become a lottery pick. He won't turn 20 until November and his dad was a six year player in the NBA. We all follow Tennessee basketball far closer than the NBA folks making those mock drafts so we all know Carr has a lot of work to do to get enough minutes to have the sort of stats he will need to actually be a lottery pick come draft time.

I love the buzz and media attention though, the more players we see being talked about in the draft the better it will be for recruiting.

Shaedon Sharpe sat on bench at for half a season at Kentucky and was drafted #7 overall. Once these young guys get noticed by NBA Scouts, they could careless what they do in College, NBA drafts on potential .

NBA scouts realize there's not necessarily much a young player can learn playing in college that couldn't be learned better in the G-League or simply riding the bench for an NBA team.
This seems to encourage any college player not going in the first round to stay in college and get their degree. NIL can likely compete with G league pay and the excitement of playing in front of big SEC crowds has to be way better than whoever might show up for a G league game.

This seems to encourage any college player not going in the first round to stay in college and get their degree. NIL can likely compete with G league pay and the excitement of playing in front of big SEC crowds has to be way better than whoever might show up for a G league game.
G-league is dropping that particular team (Ignite) from the league

VN Store

Back