The Official #1 Tennessee @ Evansville Knoxville Super Regional Game 2 Thread (Sat. June 8th 11AM EST) (ESPN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s not sugar coat this game tomorrow, the pressure is on us to win. Make no mistake about it, Tony and the baseball Vols cannot lose this game tomorrow at home to a 4 seed. It would be a monumental choke job. Hope Zander puts his Superman cape on tomorrow and competes like his hair is on fire. We gotta come out of gates quick tomorrow and kill Evansville spirit and keep the hammer down. Plus, we gotta play clean tomorrow on defense. Just a personal observation, Bargo is a better defensive 3rd baseman than Aimick, he just is. Slide Aimick to DH and insert Bargo into the lineup and everyone else play like hell. There is no tomorrow. If we truly are the Number 1 baseball team in the country, we take care of business tomorrow and it shouldn’t be close. No excuses, win or we just pissed away our shot at a national championship. In Tony I trust, Go Vols! Beat Evansville! Oh yeah, LNS should be jacked tomorrow with no one sitting. Get off our asses and kick start our team!

Last edited:
Not necessarily 64th. They don’t release the exact seed after 16th. But they are somewhere between 61-64 which is the equivalent of a 16 beating a 1 in March Madness.
Edit: so it’s actually like the number 1 overall seed losing to a 13 seed. So essentially it would be the equivalent to UConn losing to Yale, Charleston, Vermont, or Samford this year in March Madness.

Yeah they hit well but I’ll take our pitching against their hitters versus the other way around any day of the week. We’ve lost 12 games this year. Even lost to a very terrible opponent in the middle of the week one week….. it happens. I like our odds.
TN pitching has given up 16 runs in 2 games to this little 4 seed. I think TNs pitching outside of Combs has been below average and Evansville will take advantage again tomorrow and have a good possibility of putting TN out. I hate it, you hate, we all hate it

Let’s not sugar coat this game tomorrow, the pressure is on us to win. Make no mistake about it, Tony and the baseball Vols cannot lose this game tomorrow at home to a 4 seed. It would be a monumental choke job. Hope Zander puts his Superman cape on tomorrow and competes like his hair is on fire. We gotta come out of gates quick tomorrow and kill Evansville spirit and keep the hammer down. Plus, we gotta play clean tomorrow on defense. Just a personal observation, Bargo is a better defensive 3rd baseman than Aimick, he just is. Slide Aimick to DH and insert Bargo into the lineup and everyone else play like hell. There is no tomorrow. If we truly are the Number 1 baseball team in the country, we take care of business tomorrow and it shouldn’t be close. No excuses, win or we just pissed away our shot at a national championship. In Tony I trust, Go Vols! Beat Evansville! Oh yeah, LNS should be jacked tomorrow with no one sitting. Get off our asses and kick start our team!
Could’ve written this myself.

Appreciate it!

Just glad the game is on regular TV so I can pause it! 😆

Have heard the prep is rough.

GBO!!!!

Really think the team responds like they should.
The prep is WAY worse than the procedure. Pausing the game is nice but may not be “enough”. An iPad with the ESPN app might be a better way to go……

Edit: so it’s actually like the number 1 overall seed losing to a 13 seed. So essentially it would be the equivalent to UConn losing to Yale, Charleston, Vermont, or Samford this year in March Madness.
Saturday's loss also marked unprecedented territory in the NCAA tournament, as a 4 seed had never beat the No. 1 overall seed before. Previous teams were 0-30.

Saturday's loss also marked unprecedented territory in the NCAA tournament, as a 4 seed had never beat the No. 1 overall seed before. Previous teams were 0-30.
Yes but a 4 seed has won the whole damn thing so there has been a more impressive run before.

Reactions: KptVFL
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back