The Official #1 Tennessee @ Evansville Knoxville Super Regional Game 2 Thread (Sat. June 8th 11AM EST) (ESPN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
in before the NEGAs arrive
Well, we have to be realistic here. Evansville was a bit taken aback by the environment at LNS. They're a veteran team. They won't be impacted as much today especially with an 11am start. Beam has been hittable of late and the Aces certainly have the bats as do we. While we should have a pitching advantage, I won't be surprised to see Evansville force a game 3. If that happens, the pucker factor will be squarely with the lads in orange.

Well, we have to be realistic here. Evansville was a bit taken aback by the environment at LNS. They're a veteran team. They won't be impacted as much today especially with an 11am start. Beam has been hittable of late and the Aces certainly have the bats as do we. While we should have a pitching advantage, I won't be surprised to see Evansville force a game 3. If that happens, the pucker factor will be squarely with the lads in orange.
Their bullpen is probably one of the worst we’ve seen. Lots of free passes and a bunch of bad numbers collectively.

Now now Schleprock, They have two legitimate pitchers, and spent both yesterday. It will be very hard for them to keep up with our bats today. I agree that they can hit Beam, but we should be able to outscore them with the arms they have left.

If they keep the bus running they could be back home in Indiana by supper time.

🙄 I will be surprised if we don’t sweep.

Me to Evansville fan in bathroom after the game: “y’all have a good team. Good game.

Him: “yeah, we proved we can play with anyone. If not for the home runs, we’re right there with you.”

I didn’t say anything else.
So...... in other words he said "if ya'll hadn't scored more runs we would be right there with yuns"..... reasonable comment
Lol

NCAA Baseball site has an article on yesterday’s game where LNS is referred to as “homely.” Pretty sure the author, Mike Lopresti, intended to same “homey” but meanwhile……..not complimentary.

Reactions: BruisedOrange
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back