The Official #1 Tennessee @ Evansville Knoxville Super Regional Game 2 Thread (Sat. June 8th 11AM EST) (ESPN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading the article the author definitely meant it in a favorable light to Tennessee. Bad word choice or lack of proof reading.
The latter I’m sure; Lopresti is well-known national writer with very good reputation.

Well, we have to be realistic here. Evansville was a bit taken aback by the environment at LNS. They're a veteran team. They won't be impacted as much today especially with an 11am start. Beam has been hittable of late and the Aces certainly have the bats as do we. While we should have a pitching advantage, I won't be surprised to see Evansville force a game 3. If that happens, the pucker factor will be squarely with the lads in orange.
Agree with this, and we're the visiting team on the scoreboard. Would love to see us close the series out today!

Our resident ray of sunshine. We are 2-0 in clinching super regionals in this exact combo.
Wasn't really referencing our results wearing the uniform. Just hate the color. White, cream, orange, black, pins, no pins...anything is better. Yeah I know we're the road team and are limited.

Reactions: TheBigOne10
Me to Evansville fan in bathroom after the game: “y’all have a good team. Good game.

Him: “yeah, we proved we can play with anyone. If not for the home runs, we’re right there with you.”

I didn’t say anything else.
Well no sh*t, every team we beat throughout the season would’ve been right there with us lol.

Well, we have to be realistic here. Evansville was a bit taken aback by the environment at LNS. They're a veteran team. They won't be impacted as much today especially with an 11am start. Beam has been hittable of late and the Aces certainly have the bats as do we. While we should have a pitching advantage, I won't be surprised to see Evansville force a game 3. If that happens, the pucker factor will be squarely with the lads in orange.
True, but you left out 1 important fact. If they win today the pressure will be on the Vols but, after our win yesterday, the pressure is squarely on the ACES today. How will they hold up without their 2 best pitchers, in Knoxville and facing elimination??

Reactions: MagnoliaVol
Me to Evansville fan in bathroom after the game: “y’all have a good team. Good game.

Him: “yeah, we proved we can play with anyone. If not for the home runs, we’re right there with you.”

I didn’t say anything else.
first denial, maybe they get to acceptance by the end of the ride home

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back