The Official #1 Tennessee @ Evansville Knoxville Super Regional Game 2 Thread (Sat. June 8th 11AM EST) (ESPN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me to Evansville fan in bathroom after the game: “y’all have a good team. Good game.

Him: “yeah, we proved we can play with anyone. If not for the home runs, we’re right there with you.”

I didn’t say anything else.

I had a Mississippi State fan basically say the same thing to me about our SEC tournament win, “Good game last night. I feel we gave that one away rather then getting beat by talent.”

My response, “You did. Questionable manager decisions and one bad play by your second baseman.
That being said if our catcher had not celebrated that foul tip prematurely, we could’ve shut you out.”

He could only say, “True”

There are going to be a lot of “ifs” and “could haves”. I just hope at the end of the game it’s “if we would not have done that we could’ve beat them worse”

Wasn't really referencing our results wearing the uniform. Just hate the color. White, cream, orange, black, pins, no pins...anything is better. Yeah I know we're the road team and are limited.
Stay negative brother. We are unbeatable with your reverse psychology. No chance we win today. Evansville is too determined.

Game time can’t get here soon enough! I’m ready to be on the good-mood side of some of those “the outcome of the game would’ve been different if you take away all the things that happened in it” kinds of comments.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Me to Evansville fan in bathroom after the game: “y’all have a good team. Good game.

Him: “yeah, we proved we can play with anyone. If not for the home runs, we’re right there with you.”

I didn’t say anything else.

Home runs = a hit that allows the batter to touch all four bases without being tagged out

Home runs = a batter won the battle with the opposing teams pitcher

Isn't both what being a good baseball team all about?

Referring back to the Stamos and starting pitching role chatter… I know it’s way late in the year and most of the time you don’t see many big changes at this point but sometimes adjustments are still made. I’m not advocating for someone else to start in his place but if they were to make that move, I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing Loy put in that spot if they still want Causey coming out of the pen. Would give you a lefty/righty combo to start out and can manage Loy the same way they do Stamos. I wouldn’t be opposed.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Referring back to the Stamos and starting pitching role chatter… I know it’s way late in the year and most of the time you don’t see many big changes at this point but sometimes adjustments are still made. I’m not advocating for someone else to start in his place but if they were to make that move, I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing Loy put in that spot if they still want Causey coming out of the pen. Would give you a lefty/righty combo to start out and can manage Loy the same way they do Stamos. I wouldn’t be opposed.
Baseball people are superstitious weirdos. No way you make a drastic change like that.
That one’s coming back to bite you in the @$$ for sure.
😁

Reactions: orangejuice
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back