The Official #1 Tennessee @ FSU CWS Game 3 Thread (Wed. June 19 3:45PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 3:30 CT PM parts of Franklin County TN experienced a massive Xfinity outage. Xfinity could have let us know and plan around it in advance but…noooooo. Thankful for the new Jefferson’s in Winchester and the Vol Fans there who cheered on the Vols. Great game, great team, great University. Three games left to win two. Let’s do this! Thanks VN for posting scores and Sirius for carrying the game as well. Very disappointed in Xfinity Comcast. Looking for alternatives.
Hopefully you will get google fiber in your area soon.

He is not that type of person to purely congratulate the other team. He is what they call a sore loser. He takes his ball and goes home whenever things don’t go his way instead of shaking his opponent’s hand like a grown man. He will blame losses on the small things and not give the other team credit for taking advantage of opportunities. What I always tell people like this is if you don’t want to be crying about missed opportunities then fix your team’s mental game. Continually giving the opponent extra opportunities while not capitalizing on the ones provided to you shows your guys are not mentally focused to a high enough level as the other team. That is a direct reflection of the coach. He even admitted that he didn’t know what to tell his players and he himself kept thinking about that Game 1 loss for 2 days. The inability to wash that away and move on as a coach is a sign of weakness. Instead of b****ing and moaning about blowing a lead, walk in front of your team like the leader you are suppose to be and tell them to forget about. That game is now in the past and when (not “if”) we see them again we will handle business. Instead he chose to do the opposite and complain like a loser after that loss.
It always works both ways, in the first game their outfielder should have caught Tears triple in the 9th inning, per UT standards. He got turned around and fell down at the wall. Make the catch and its a different ballgame. We took 2 of those away from FSU. Yes, in his press conference he basically said they were unlucky because their hits were right at UT players, then he said its part of the game. If it is then why mention it.

Reactions: VolPack22
Happy for the outcome of this one! I was working and could not check here or even watch the game. Keep checking for the score at certain points.

Now on the National Championship series! This team is one we will remember a very long time regardless of what happens over the weekend.

Reactions: gnm53108
You have to watch how hard they are hitting the pitcher regardless of who is pitching. You don’t have a clue - pitch count doesn’t freaking matter when they been hitting the pitcher for several innings.

Coaching failure to not go to the pen but instead give them two runs.
That coaching failure has led us to 58 wins and 2 away from a national championship. You are going to be the person b****ing and moaning about stuff whenever our boys are hoisting the trophy. If you can’t acknowledge how great of an outing that was to send your team to the championship series then maybe you shouldn’t be on this forum. Try out the many other forums of teams on this site that have national championships over the past 15 years. Zander has clinched the regular season SEC title, sent us to the SECT final, clinched the regional title, clinched the super regional title and now has pitched our team into the CWS championship series.

Your comment was stupid if you really want to go there. Pitch count was in the 60s. Had retired 7 straight batters until allowing a runner. Was absolutely nothing there to say “should have already pulled him”
@patrick doesn’t deserve this team.

Hopefully you will get google fiber in your area soon.
They just installed fiber. Not sure what the problem is. They apologized for not sending us text or email messages in advance. The bigger and more tech oriented the company the bigger the mistakes.

Parents of players. We are so very fortunate to have as many parents as we have here. We’re lucky. They provide access to info we wouldn’t have otherwise and in this particular instance that goes above and beyond the call.

I consider the parents to be falling under the rules for players and coaches.

Let’s endeavor to row in the same direction, we’re all in the same boat.

Bring It Home!!

GBO!!!

Huge outing by Zander! He’s been lights out the last month or so. I wasn’t a big believer in our pitching heading into the year and especially when SEC play started. But boy have I been proven wrong, and this crow sure does taste good!

Let’s go win this thing!
Heading into the year, when SEC play started and one week ago when you were in here taking a victory lap and calling our pitching “pedestrian” after a less than stellar opening performance against FSU.

I know one of the reasons you said you didn’t like the staff was that we didn’t have an ace like Burns or Dollander starting on the mound, but It was interesting to listen to link Jarrett after we eliminated them. He was asked what separates this Tennessee team and the one he eliminated in 2022. He said it was the construction and depth of our pitching staff —The fact that we didn’t have to depend on one guy to get us seven innings and we can just throw a bunch of different guys who can all get the job done. I’m paraphrasing of course. But it’s a good listen if you haven’t heard it.

Our pitching staff had an exceptional year overall, but in fairness I think Zander has exceeded all of our expectations this postseason. He’s been absolutely incredible.

Heading into the year, when SEC play started and one week ago when you were in here taking a victory lap and calling our pitching “pedestrian” after a less than stellar opening performance against FSU.

I know one of the reasons you said you didn’t like the staff was that we didn’t have an ace like Burns or Dollander starting on the mound, but It was interesting to listen to link Jarrett after we eliminated them. He was asked what separates this Tennessee team and the one he eliminated in 2022. He said it was the construction and depth of our pitching staff —The fact that we didn’t have to depend on one guy to get us seven innings and we can just throw a bunch of different guys who can all get the job done. I’m paraphrasing of course. But it’s a good listen if you haven’t heard it.

Our pitching staff had an exceptional year overall, but in fairness I think Zander has exceeded all of our expectations this postseason. He’s been absolutely incredible.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely go back and listen to Jarrett’s comments. Zander was amazing on Wednesday. That FSU offense is elite.

And yea you’re right I’ve said many times I thought the offense would have to carry us in the postseason because I didn’t think our staff had enough “stuff.” In regards to the first FSU game, I think that’s exactly what happenned. The pitching wasn’t good (neither was the defense) and the offense picked them up and won a 12-11 game.

I’ve also said I was wrong in that assessment (aside from that game). The offense has been great but so has the staff. I was wrong and I’m saying it again.

In regards to the “pedestrian” comment, that was fueled by frustration and being majorly let down at that point in the game. We have a really good team and we were not playing well at all. We all thought we were headed to a third straight Omaha trip starting 0-1. The comment was all that coming out. It was in the heat of the moment, but it was wrong and shortsighted, and for that I apologize.

I will say that I’ve not known you to keep receipts, Freak. We all say things we may regret or wish we could have back in game threads.

Anyway, I’m a diehard Vol in all sports and have been my whole life. I will be cheering my heart out for them to win this thing. I hope they continue to make me look foolish.

You have to watch how hard they are hitting the pitcher regardless of who is pitching. You don’t have a clue - pitch count doesn’t freaking matter when they been hitting the pitcher for several innings.

Coaching failure to not go to the pen but instead give them two runs.
Repeated posting failure. Lol.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely go back and listen to Jarrett’s comments. Zander was amazing on Wednesday. That FSU offense is elite.

And yea you’re right I’ve said many times I thought the offense would have to carry us in the postseason because I didn’t think our staff had enough “stuff.” In regards to the first FSU game, I think that’s exactly what happenned. The pitching wasn’t good (neither was the defense) and the offense picked them up and won a 12-11 game.

I’ve also said I was wrong in that assessment (aside from that game). The offense has been great but so has the staff. I was wrong and I’m saying it again.

In regards to the “pedestrian” comment, that was fueled by frustration and being majorly let down at that point in the game. We have a really good team and we were not playing well at all. We all thought we were headed to a third straight Omaha trip starting 0-1. The comment was all that coming out. It was in the heat of the moment, but it was wrong and shortsighted, and for that I apologize.

I will say that I’ve not known you to keep receipts, Freak. We all say things we may regret or wish we could have back in game threads.

Anyway, I’m a diehard Vol in all sports and have been my whole life. I will be cheering my heart out for them to win this thing. I hope they continue to make me look foolish.
The pitching wasn't good in the CWS opener, but that's baseball. Some days the offense picks up the defense (Game 1 vs FSU), and other days the defense picks up the offense (Game 2 vs FSU). Doesn't make the staff pedestrian. And you're right, that FSU offense is elite.

We all say things during the heat of battle in game threads, but you were questioning our staff well before the game started. Granted, maybe you hadn't use the word pedestrian before. I don't know. And honestly, the "ERA and numbers people are looking stupid" part of your comment, felt directed toward me considering our previous discussion.

However, it wasn't my intention to 'keep receipts.' I was just surprised to see you date your feelings all the way back to the SEC opener. Plus, I honestly thought you might enjoy the comments from FSU's coach since it's an interesting perspective that's different from yours and those who may not fully appreciate this pitching staff. It wasn't the answer that I expected from him.

I also wanted to point out that Zander exceeded even my expectations, as someone who already thought we had one of the best staffs in the nation. It's just incredible what he's done this postseason.

Go Vols!

The pitching wasn't good in the CWS opener, but that's baseball. Some days the offense picks up the defense (Game 1 vs FSU), and other days the defense picks up the offense (Game 2 vs FSU). Doesn't make the staff pedestrian. And you're right, that FSU offense is elite.

We all say things during the heat of battle in game threads, but you were questioning our staff well before the game started. Granted, maybe you hadn't use the word pedestrian before. I don't know. And honestly, the "ERA and numbers people are looking stupid" part of your comment, felt directed toward me considering our previous discussion.

However, it wasn't my intention to 'keep receipts.' I was just surprised to see you date your feelings all the way back to the SEC opener. Plus, I honestly thought you might enjoy the comments from FSU's coach since it's an interesting perspective that's different from yours and those who may not fully appreciate this pitching staff. It wasn't the answer that I expected from him.

I also wanted to point out that Zander exceeded even my expectations, as someone who already thought we had one of the best staffs in the nation. It's just incredible what he's done this postseason.

Go Vols!

That makes sense thanks for reiterating.

I was called out on my opinion by a lot of people, so those comments weren’t directly aimed at you specifically.

I was skeptical early I think because we had lost a lot of good arms from last years team and didn’t have a bona fide ace in my mind once Russell went down. And I know he pitched after that but I knew CTV would handle his arm soreness the way he did (as he should) and we probably weren’t going to see much of him moving forward.

Maybe I was blinded too much by stuff and velocity and was used to having that in bunches. Obviously there are many ways to get guys out and we’ve done that. I’ve certainly been too harsh on the pitching staff in my comments.

I’m just elated for the Vols to be where they are. I never would’ve believed this possible 7-8 years ago.

🤝

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back