The Official #1 Tennessee @ LSU SEC Championship Game Thread (Sun. May 25 3PM EST ESPN2)

Coach Serrano is a huge fan of CTV. Of course, his son Parker coaches 1B for the BaseVols. Coach Serrano is a great person and loves the Vols and Knoxville. Just a super guy
I saw you perusing the concourse but didn’t want to holler out “Chad” from the other side of the concourse. Probably would’ve had 15 heads pop up haha.

@TigerMan

How you feel about #2 seed in Chapel Hill Regional?
I think we’ll have to play some really good ball to make it out of that regional. But, I’m good with the draw! There are some really great potential matchups throughout a lot of the regionals. I’m excited for it to get started!

Still have Autographed baseball cap my wife from Coach Serrano at a game in Nashville a few years ago. It was GREAT to meet you in Hoover, Taylorvol!
It was great meeting you and your wife as well @feathersax! Hoover treated us well and really blessed on the great weather and awesome baseball!

SID's I am told and it was supposedly by position not by players so the kid from LSU beat out CMo for the walkoff. Burke got best 1st baseman and MVP. The starting pitcher was LSU. 3rd base was LSU. You can go through and see who got what position.

Announcement: Yelp done gone and made me Mayor of Hoover Met, for my first official act I'm reinstating home run celebrations for 2025. You're welcome.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240525-202959_Yelp.png
    Screenshot_20240525-202959_Yelp.png
    251.1 KB · Views: 13
@TigerMan I've got to say that the LSU fans were my favorite opposing fans this year. Our seats were in the first row above the first base dugout, and unfortunately that left us in enemy territory most of the tournament since we were only the home team for the first 2 games. The LSU fans cheered for their team but didn't feel the need to trash our guys. Contrast that with Vandy and MS State, who spent more time spewing hate for our players and coaches than they did cheering on their own. IMO, that's the difference in two good programs who respect each other vs. playing a team with really insecure fans. Good game by your guys! They had my heart rate up for sure.

@TigerMan I've got to say that the LSU fans were my favorite opposing fans this year. Our seats were in the first row above the first base dugout, and unfortunately that left us in enemy territory most of the tournament since we were only the home team for the first 2 games. The LSU fans cheered for their team but didn't feel the need to trash our guys. Contrast that with Vandy and MS State, who spent more time spewing hate for our players and coaches than they did cheering on their own. IMO, that's the difference in two good programs who respect each other vs. playing a team with really insecure fans. Good game by your guys! They had my heart rate up for sure.
They were loud and proud for sure but I didn’t haven’t a problem with anyone either. Great game to be at

Yes…LSU baseball folks are knowledgeable about the game…if you like talking baseball and discussing the sport from an unbiased position then they are your best bet for a good convo…still glad we beat them 4 times this year though! let’s go!!!!

Last edited:
the fans at their games are top notch folks. On their message boards, tigerdroppings.com, they are a bunch of idiots...........

VN Store

Back