The Official #1 Tennessee @ LSU SEC Championship Game Thread (Sun. May 25 3PM EST ESPN2)

Just got back to Nashville from the Met. The BaseVols are the absolute best with the kids. My boy stood out by the buses for what seemed like 1.5 hrs to have the players all sign for the young’ns. Only one my boy didn’t get was Drew Beam but hopefully we’ll have another opportunity.

With as much crap as I’ve given Stark this year he had what I thought was undoubtedly the defensive play of the game throwing an absolute dart to 1B for the back pick to end the inning with bases loaded.

Great, great day (minus the LV loss)!

I had them out as well. Figured we needed to pick up two wins to get in. I’m a bit disappointed in today’s outcome obviously, but very proud of this team to have a great run down the stretch and in this tourney!

This is another really good Vol team, and your pitching was better than I expected today. And that’s what you want to see out of your team at this time of the year! Again, congrats on the win, and best of luck the next few weeks!
I keep seeing Ole Miss… great tourney for Tiggahs!

Reactions: knoxvol52
Sort of like how the 1 seed plays 2 games as the home team and 3 as the away team. And somehow the 11 seed is the home team in the semifinal and final games when playing against higher seeded teams in both.

Regardless of how the brackets play out, the 1 seed should by default be the home team in the championship games
Levels the field in a fantastic tournament. Throw them, “other contenders”, a bone, yo!

😈🤣

I don’t know about believing in the 1 seed curse but if we did get knocked to the 2 seed and the way this team responds when getting disrespected or ticked off, maybe that would be a good thing for motivation.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Just got back to Nashville from the Met. The BaseVols are the absolute best with the kids. My boy stood out by the buses for what seemed like 1.5 hrs to have the players all sign for the young’ns. Only one my boy didn’t get was Drew Beam but hopefully we’ll have another opportunity.

With as much crap as I’ve given Stark this year he had what I thought was undoubtedly the defensive play of the game throwing an absolute dart to 1B for the back pick to end the inning with bases loaded.

Great, great day (minus the LV loss)!
We got back from a week in Hoover last night (too tired to visit VN). Yes, it was a fun week, & Cal Stark, along with his pal Blake Burke, prevented LSU from breaking the game open when they picked off the Tiger baserunner with the bases loaded! WOW! Our LSU pals were gracious, except for our best friends who didn't want to hear "Rocky Top" anymore. I just told 'em, "It's kinda nice to be hated again. 😆Happy that your son got those autographs: our BaseVols are fine young men. :cool:

But let me say something is wrong when the loser gets five all tournament players the team that tied for third got three all tournament team and the winner only got two.
It was really great & fun meeting you in Hoover, preacherman20. Kirby is just a treasure in so many ways. Congratulations to both of y'all. :cool:

Coach Serrano is a huge fan of CTV. Of course, his son Parker coaches 1B for the BaseVols. Coach Serrano is a great person and loves the Vols and Knoxville. Just a super guy
Still have Autographed baseball cap my wife from Coach Serrano at a game in Nashville a few years ago. It was GREAT to meet you in Hoover, Taylorvol!

VN Store

Back