The Official #1 Tennessee @ Texas A&M National Championship Game 2 Thread (Sun. June 23 2PM EST) (ABC)

An amazing win. Felt like the weight of the world was lifted from the Vols' backs (and all of ours as well!) with the crack of Dylan's bat, and all the frustration of the last game and a half let out with that big shot. Beam and Combs were lights out, and Cal got off the schneid at the perfect time.

We're the better team, and they damn well know it. This team has just seemed destined all season, and now one more to go. I'm not sure I'd want anyone on the mound besides Zander for this one, he has earned this shot to bring the trophy back to K-Town. Go Vols!!!!

So his replacement could violently take the A&M runner out by drawing blood. Didn’t want CM to personally deliver the TKO….

TV went to defense and to protect CM from any further injury….he is still nursing injury from Evansville.
He may have reinjured himself on that slide into second

As I've recently discovered, being on the sidelines during games isn't such a bad place to be after all.

I was driving most of the game and listening on WNML. The last three innings I stopped at one of my fishing spots just in time for the breakthrough in the seventh. Nice to listen to the end of the game outdoors doing something I love

2 states away, on a lake where I was fishing while visiting my mother-in-law. Thankfully, I had enough of a signal on my phone to where I could follow along here on VN and was soooo thankful for the win.
I see this pontoon cruising up the lake and, lo and behold, a Vol Navy flag was flying. They eventually came back by and I gave a hearty “GO VOLS!!!l” from the dock. Older couple on board. Both jumped up and pumped their fists with a “GO VOLS!!!” as they cruised out of sight.
Just icing on the cake for the day 👍

Attachments

• IMG_6440.jpeg
    IMG_6440.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 31
2 states away, on a lake where I was fishing while visiting my mother-in-law. Thankfully, I had enough of a signal on my phone to where I could follow along here on VN and was soooo thankful for the win.
I see this pontoon cruising up the lake and, lo and behold, a Vol Navy flag was flying. They eventually came back by and I gave a hearty “GO VOLS!!!l” from the dock. Older couple on board. Both jumped up and pumped their fists with a “GO VOLS!!!” as they cruised out of sight.
Just icing on the cake for the day 👍
Beautiful !

I posted in the game thread some Saturday, and we lost. I went silent today and we won. I will be taking a leave of absence starting at 7:00 again tomorrow.
Ummm. I'm pretty sure whether you post in a thread or not will have zero affect on the results of a game. lol

Relax and enjoy posting anytime, Mooks. Only the players, coaches, the umpire and field officials can affect the outcome of tomorrow's game. That's it. We're not that special in here. 🤣

Besides, just think about it. I'm sure most people who posted in today's winning game thread also posted during yesterday's loss. What about them? Shouldn't we have lost today, too, according to your theory? 😃

I posted in the game thread some Saturday, and we lost. I went silent today and we won. I will be taking a leave of absence starting at 7:00 again tomorrow.

One of my Vols flags on the back deck was all twisted and furled over itself before the game today. Got too busy and didn’t fix it and as you can see where I’m going, that flag is still all messed up and wrapped around the pole tonight as I head to bed.

The clothes I wore today - Orange jersey mainly - will get a nice tumble in the dryer tomorrow and right back on.

Currently taking a stock of everything I need to repeat tomorrow, as the superstitions take hold

GBO

If we can get five or six out of Zander then we could go Loy, KIrby, and Snead. Hopefully we don't see Stamos he has been in a slump. It is all hands on deck tomorrow even if you can only go 10 or 15 pitches.
Do not trot Kirby out there anymore.
He's a great guy, but an opponent's big inning waiting to happen on the mound.

Those Bats were so much Hotter when LSU sat that record.... we are already there. Sensible people will know
And if I am not mistaken the 98 LSU team did not have the 10 run mercy rule in effect in 7th inning forward. Over the course of a season that could add up to a couple of dozen or even way more at bats to tally homers - especially off of less talented pitchers opponents often use in mop-up "take one for the team" duty in blowout losses. In my mind reaching 182 combined with the LSU gorilla-juiced bats makes this team the best HR power team EVER in NCAA history!

VN Store

Back