The Official #1 Tennessee @ Texas A&M National Championship Game 2 Thread (Sun. June 23 2PM EST) (ABC)

That was a nail biter, white knuckler, @ butt pucker game for sure. I couldn’t take it any longer after the 5th. Went to the local park to walk and listen on radio. This was around 4 pm and it’s 94 out. Once we took the lead I wanted go back home to watch but I said no way, I will keep walking and sweating. Great grind by our team. Opportunity of a lifetime tomorrow night at 7. I like our chances but if I see Cortez again I will pass out for sure. That guy is unbelievable. Our guys will be ready and so will the Aggies. Both playing for their first national championship. Let’s take this thing tomorrow night. Go Vols!
I hear ya, in between innings, I was out walking in the backyard in 100° heat, trying to relax

I just want to take a second and bring up 3 decisions of the coaching staff that likely changed or at least altered the game.

1. Review call on pickoff at first (won)
2. Review on call on catcher throwing behind runner at first (won)

Both of those plays changed the total dynamics of that inning and could have easily led to another couple runs by aTm.

3. Review the "hit by pitcher" that really wasn't close....gave some time for that Freshman to stand on that mound and got us a slight advantage there

Three big events there that I think helped alter the game.

Oh god please no. For my mental health I don’t need to see AJ till next year.
Don't know what the plan is hoping Zander can go five at least then the other four have no idea right now. Probably Behnke, Loy, Connell, and Snead all will be the guys we'd use. Combs says he is ready to pitch don't think we'll go there after 60 plus pitches. Will be interesting to see what Tony does with the staff. On the other side we need to strike early can't be behind think they could use that closer guy three innings if they had the lead going to the seventh.

Reactions: OrangeTsar
Gonna be tough to beat them tonight. Burke needs to wake up. Same w Tears and his striking out all the time. Don't know what's wrong with him.

If we don't win then I guess its still good season. I'm not used to Vols actually winning an important national title So I am cursed w battered Vol syndrome.

I just want to take a second and bring up 3 decisions of the coaching staff that likely changed or at least altered the game.

1. Review call on pickoff at first (won)
2. Review on call on catcher throwing behind runner at first (won)

Both of those plays changed the total dynamics of that inning and could have easily led to another couple runs by aTm.

3. Review the "hit by pitcher" that really wasn't close....gave some time for that Freshman to stand on that mound and got us a slight advantage there

Three big events there that I think helped alter the game.
Might be wrong, but to my eye, it looked like Burke alerted the dugout to both the plays at first.

I don't think so. He's pitched well in the NCAAT and CWS other than day before yesterday.
The issue is that he allows over 50% of inherited runners to score when brought in with runners on base. Need to be careful where he is used.

I haven’t had this much respect for a Vols opponent in a long time. ATM baseball is for real and their pitching staff is top notch. Kept watching Cortez’s pitch count climb and climb and waiting on home to slow down or lose placement. But man if he didn’t pitch one heck of a game yesterday

Oh my goodness, what a day it’s been. We started with the Vol Walk at the hotel, where we got to chat with Coach V’s parents. We also met Commissioner Sankey, but the Vitellos were the MVPs. 😂 We had awesome seats for the game (where we nearly died of heat stroke), and we celebrated mightily with Vols fans all around us.

Back at the hotel after the game, some of the players were just mingling with fans in the lobby. I got to chat with Nate and congratulate him on an amazing outing. And then, when we finally decided to take the elevator up to our room, Billy Amick and Kavares Tears hopped on the elevator with us. So we got to chat with them.

Now, it’s time for a shower and then a great steak dinner tonight. Tomorrow, we have seats behind home plate to watch our Vols win it all!View attachment 652527
Fun memory making! I saw Smokey on TV, thinking how is whoever under that suit surviving that heat!?

Reactions: WillisWG and MAD

VN Store

Back