The Official #1 Tennessee @ Vandy Series Thread (Fri. May 10 7PM EST SECNET+) (Sat. May 11 3PM EST SEC NETWORK) (Sun. May 12 3PM EST ESPN2)

Just watched it. What a douchebag! Someone big needs to give this some light. That lady deserves an apology. The sooner he retires the better.

I am not one to dance on the grave of guys who have been successful but I will visit their grave and whisper Go Vols as we our the ones who put him in it. Glory Hallelujah!

Coach Corbin’s interview and demeanor was a disgrace. He was arrogant and smug. His contempt for the female reporter was obvious.

Just watched it. What a douchebag! Someone big needs to give this some light. That lady deserves an apology. The sooner he retires the better.

I think it has more to do with getting a lead then giving it away in the fashion that they did than it does with having to speak to a woman.

It’s hard to be mad at him, a lot of coaches don’t like press after losses. Corbin’s a dweeb, not a sexist lol.

And honestly the “we got who we got” quote was kind of funny.

I don’t get the outrage. 🤷‍♂️

I think you have to try to see this from Corbin’s perspective. Imagine you dominate not only the state, but the entire division for the better part of a decade. It takes you a while to get going after being hired in 2002, but by 2013 they became the predominant force in the East. And they certainly never had to worry about little brother Tennessee.

Then a young Italian man comes along and makes Tennessee competitive. Still not a problem, you’re still better than them. But by ‘21 something changes. They’re a little too competitive in that series. You win, but it’s too close.

By ‘22 they sweep you in your own place. No matter, they’re 5-10 in conference play and reeling so you’ll return the favor in ‘23 right? Nope. They sweep you again to jumpstart their season and make an improbable run to Omaha. You’re bounced in the supers.

It’s now 2024. Tennessee comes to your place. For the first time since you’re hired, the stadium resembles candy football games against UT. The stadium is 50% Tennessee fans, and you lose again late.

You have now lost 8 straight to what used to be little brother, and now they’re retaking the fan base you’ve gained from their baseball irrelevance. They’re #1 in the land, you might not even make the tournament.

How would you act in the post game?

Last edited:
I think it has more to do with getting a lead then giving it away in the fashion that they did than it does with having to speak to a woman.

It’s hard to be mad at him, a lot of coaches don’t like press after losses. Corbin’s a dweeb, not a sexist lol.

I think you have to try to see this from Corbin’s perspective. Imagine you dominate not only the state, but the entire division for the better part of a decade. It takes you a while to get going after being hired in 2002, but by 2013 they became the predominant force in the East. And they certainly never had to worry about little brother Tennessee.

Then a young Italian man comes along and makes Tennessee competitive. Still not a problem, you’re still better than them. But by ‘21 something changes. They’re a little too competitive in that series. You win, but it’s too close.

By ‘22 they sweep you in your own place. No matter, they’re 5-10 in conference play and reeling so you’ll return the favor in ‘23 right? Nope. They sweep you again to jumpstart their season and make an improbable run to Omaha. You’re bounced in the supers.

It’s now 2024. Tennessee comes to your place. For the first time since you’re hired, the stadium resembles candy football games against UT. The stadium is 50% Tennessee fans, and you lose again late.

You have now lost 8 straight to what used to be little brother, and now they’re retaking the fan base you’ve gained from their baseball irrelevance. They’re #1 in the land, you might not even make the tournament.

Hopefully we get to watch the same thing with Alabama football.

Reactions: gnm53108

No problem with it on this end. The first question was dumb, the second was about as bad considering we’re 40+ games in. No different than a Saban or a Belichick, imo.

Tennis Super Regionals:

The #16 Lady Vols travel to Stillwater, OK to face #1 Oklahoma State on SATURDAY, MAY 11 at 4 PM and the #7 Vols will host #10 Florida State at Barksdale Tennis Stadium this SATURDAY, MAY 11 at 1 PM! Admission is free for students with a VolCard and $5 (plus taxes) for the general public. Purchase your tickets now and make sure to arrive early - the first 150 fans at the match will receive $8 concessions cash.
That is a heck of a deal. College tennis is very underrated and under marketed. It’s a lot of fun. And this will be the last chance to see Johannus Monday play in Knoxville, the current #1 ranked singles player!

Let’s go!!!!

68713951-0E42-4F4A-B6BC-68603CED05B9.jpeg

Anyone carrying the game on radio in Nashville today? I gotta honey do Mother’s Day dinner and activity after. Looks like VN app and maybe radio in the car to Nashville. Sure did enjoy the game last night after bats woke up.

Reactions: tn4elvis and vol66

I would be classy and respectful to the media who covers my program. I certainly would not be demeaning to any reporter much less the only female reporter. His disdain for her was palatable. He’s not a good guy.

If you go and look at their board he has always treated her this way and even some of their fans acknowledge it. He definitely has something against females. Maybe he thinks she should be reporting on softball and scoffs at the idea of a woman being a reporter in a men’s sport. Either the disdain he shows her whenever she asks a question is noticeable.

VN Store

Back